Uniworld vs Vantage

arabella

I have found 2 similar tours to Egypt with Uniworld and Vantage. Which is the best company to use? Are accomidations better with one particular company? Do they both cater to the same number of people on tour?

Not sure! We have bookied on Uniworld for the European Seranade for June 6, 2008. They have made the Conde Nast best cruise line last year. We will let everyone know how it went when we return.

Arabella:

I have not been in Egypt with either, but a woman that works with me has just returned from Uniworld's Jewels of the Nile. She was absolutely blown away by it.

I have also had 2 cruises in Europe with Uniworld and was thrilled with both of them.

If you'd like some additional info. email me at tiggypooo@yahoo.ca

Arabella-

You Might Check The Boat/s You Would Be On For Both Uniworld And Vantage. I Don't Believe Vantage Has It's Own Boats And Joins Up With Other Companies. I Believe We Had A Vantage Tour On Our Recent Nile Cruise With Uniworld. The Cruise Is Fantastic. Paulette And I Highly Recommend It!!!!

Bofustravel:) :)

I have never traveled Uniworld but have gone to China with Vantage and will be going to Russia with them in August. I always check Trip Advisor and check on the hotels before I book. It' a great resource to hear from other tourist what the hotels are like.

I can only say in China Vantage was superb. We are warned by them that their Russian ship is not up to the standard of their European ships so I am prepared for that.

Good luck with your choice.

We recently returned from Egypt with Vantage and had a wonderful time. There is only one negative thing I can say about the Vantage trip. The hotel in Cairo is a long ways away from any place to walk, etc. It is a magnificent hotel, Conrad Cairo, but very inconvenient if you like to get out in the afternnoon. I wanted to walk downtown and noone would go with me. Hubby would have gone but he had the awful tummy troubles. (and we were very careful about everything we ate)

Our trip was in October and after looking at the new itinerary I realize that our last day in Cairo was included and yours is not. Yours is an option. It was a wonderful day and if you did not do that option I do not know what you woud do for the day.

Which every tour company you use it will be wonderful!!

S&B

Arabella--Here's a link to my description of our Egypt trip with Uniworld this past November:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=665534&highlight=pjtraveler

We had a wonderful time, and like Bofus Travel mentioned, usually in Egypt more than one company will have a group on board an individual ship. Most of the larger ships are all owned by Egyptian hotels.

We find Uniworld to be an excellent company--just returned Wednesday from a Danube cruise with them and will be going to China with them in late September. Whichever company you choose, Egypt is an absolutely wonderful experience!!:) :) :)

Archived