Sharing Dinner Table-Miracle

CMM

Seems like I've read many posts about people being assigned a dinner table for 2 when they didn't request it.

I like the idea of meeting new people. If you request a shared table is in common that you actually are assigned to a table of 6 or more?

Thanks

If the table you are assigned isn't what you would prefer, go talk to the maitre'd. He/she will try to switch you to a time/table more to your liking. Obviously not all change requests can be accommodated but they try very hard to make everyone happy.

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I always request a large table, (6 or 8) and with only one exception, we've gotten exactly what we requested. Carnival does try to put people together, in the same age group as well. Only once, were we assigned a table for 8, and it was the two of us, and a family of 6. We didn't have anything in common with this group, and requested a change of table. No problem, and we were assigned a GREAT table, with a wonderful group of people.

Ken

"SKY"

On a previous trip we were at a table for 4 with only us assigned. With the exception of one night, we were alone. On our last trip we requested to be seated with others (at the time of booking) and were placed at a table for 8 with a few other couples.

- Jess

I love being at a table with strangers...... But on my last two cruises I checked my table right after boarding, and requested to the Maitre'd to be put with others. Both times denied. I guess I am supposed to grease the ol' palm..........

There are many more tables for 4 or more in the dining room so I would say your odds are good to be placed at a table with at least a few other people.

My DH and I were assigned to a booth for 4 on the Spirit in 2005. The other couple never showed up. We had the booth to ourselves and that was okay, too.

Archived