glacier tour or taku flight and feast tour

Boxer Lover

Could someone please help me on this issue. We will be in Juneau in June. We can't decide which excursion to do. The glacier tour is the flight and walking on the glacier for about 20 minutes and flight for a total of about 1 hour and the taku flight and feast is about the same amount of money but a total of 3 hours including flying over 5 glaciers and a salmon bake. No walking on glacier though. Here is the question, is it really that important to walk on a glacier or would the other excursion be better? I know this is long but I need all the help I can get on this one!!

Thanks

Brenda

We loved the Taku Lodge filght excursion. The view from the plane is spectacular and everybody has a window seat. The lodge is in a magnificient setting and we didn't want to leave. The salmon bake was delicious! All in all it was one of the unforgettable days to savor for life!

I have done both. The Taku tour is cut by about an hour from when I took it. It's a short flight. And my preference is definately a glacier helicopter landing, superior for glacier viewing and to get on glaciers is fantastic too. I've done plenty of flightseeing in Alaska, so just my opinion.

We did the helicopter tour with the glacier landing last week. It is one of the most unbelievable things I have ever done and I trave a lot. I am sure the lodge is nice but, walking on a glacier is a unique experience. It was without a doubt the single best thing we did on the cruise. I consider it an experience of a lifetime. :D

Archived