Any interest in a CC group to Alaska in 2010?

callen0807

I'm interested but the drawbacks would be the Wednesday - Wednesday itinerary as well as the long flight home from Anchorage (assuming you go with the NB route).

I will stay tuned for details though :)

How many interested parties do you need before you become an OFFICIAL Cruise Critic group and get pricing? Does anyone know?

Well at present pricing isnt available this far out. So everyone that is interested will have to keep this thread active. Pricing for 2010 should roll out around December-Jan.

How many interested parties do you need before you become an OFFICIAL Cruise Critic group and get pricing? Does anyone know?

We will need at least 8 cabins. Pricing is still not available, so we are still in a holding pattern. Dates & pricing should be available in early fall. I will keep everyone updated of any changes.

Yes, we would be interested. Is May going to be warm enough? Which one are you interested in going on?

That depends on your definition of warm (being from TX I am afraid anytime will not be warm enough, but am determined to find out :D ). We are looking at May - before pricing goes up. It will depend on the pricing as to Northern vs. Southern. I would prefer Northern because we will probably stay in Alaska a bit following the cruise, but can just as easily do a pre-cruise trip. Here is weather info:

GLACIER BAY

(National park in northern Panhandle)

Period of record: 1/1/1966 to 12/31/2000

Avg annual high temp = 46.5 Avg annual low temp = 34.9 Avg annual total precipitation = 70.07 Avg annual total snowfall = 115.2

For the month of May:

Max temp = 53.6 Min temp = 38.3 Precipitation = 3.62 Snowfall = 0.0 Snow depth = 1

My husband and I would be interested...I was hoping to book one later in the season for a better chance at viewing the Northern lights but if the price is good enough we would book.

Late August - early April are the best times for viewing the light show. You may be able to get a good deal on the Sept dates if the May dates don't work for you.

Too early in the season for us. When we went in mid June 2003 we saw no bears. My son was so looking forward to the seeing the Grizzly bears. We are talking of going in August of 2009 or 2010.

My father and I are looking at going August 2009 on the Northbound. I suggested Aug. 19th as that will be his 88th birthday (and in great shape)!

Cathy

Since we'd be flying out of the Northeast (Massachusetts), we might as well make it worth the trip and tour for 2 weeks. It will also be our 10th anniversary.

We should keep a separate list of those that wish to do a back to back and get pricing on that as well. Is anyone else also interested in doing the Northbound and Southbound (Back to Back) to Alaska in May 2010?

Yes, we would be interested. Is May going to be warm enough? Which one are you interested in going on?

I have sailed twice during the last week in May - into the first few days of June. One year we had temps in the high 60s - low 70s and the next year it was high 50s - low 60s. So, you never know but it is usually drier at that time of year.....

Since we'd be flying out of the Northeast (Massachusetts), we might as well make it worth the trip and tour for 2 weeks. It will also be our 10th anniversary.

We should keep a separate list of those that wish to do a back to back and get pricing on that as well. Is anyone else also interested in doing the Northbound and Southbound (Back to Back) to Alaska in May 2010?

We are actually debating whether we want to do a B2B or add a week or so doing Anchorage & Fairbanks :confused: So, maybe :D

Pricing has not yet been published for 2010. We have to wait until Carnival releases that info before we can get group rates. I talked to Laura months ago about this group, but we can't move forward until pricing is available. I will let you all know as soon as I know. What I can tell you is that several of us will be going no matter what!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Cindy! You cruisin fool!! LMAO :) I'd love to go to Alaska....I'd just have to find a 2nd since hubby won't go....He has always said that is the ONE cruise he would consider though....Keep me advised!

Will do! And yes...when it comes to cruising, there is no telling what I may do to make sure that it happens...hehe

Archived