Experienced help with cabin selection

FiggyWig

Hi Out there

Have been reading a previous thread about good cabins, and thought I would ask for help / advise.

Am booked on Solstice - and yes, before you say it I know nobody has any ACTUAL experience yet. But those experienced cruisers out there must have some idea from the deck plans given so far - and the layout on other ships.

We've never cruised before so have selected 7244 due to it not being so high up the ship, in the middle, and sandwiched between other "cabin" decks, so as not to pick up noise from Pools/lounges/theatres etc (thanks to advice picked up from forums) - also being a lower grade of cabin (2B) we will have something to work up to on later cruises.

But reading the previous thread and looking at the deck plans, I'm wondering what this position would be like so far as views - its not so far from the "jutting out bit" on the ship - how much do you suppose this will block our views, and on the right (starboard ?) or what about privacy or the effect from wind.

Can anyone help - will I be happy with my selection? The cruise is a long way off, so every chance to change (within the same grade) if the common opinion thinks its a good idea.

It sounds like you made a good pick given the limited information available (e.g. between two stateroom decks and midship). I tend to overly obsess about cabin selection, but even when I fail to get my dream pick, I'm usually not disappointed. The M-Class ships also have pushed-out portions so that's the only thing I can relate your concern to. Based on where you're situated, I do not believe the "humps" will deter your view. There is a posting on this board with recent pictures of the Solstice under construction. It's far enough along for you to get an idea of where your cabin is positioned in relation to the rest of the ship. I'm sure that we are all looking forward to Soltice-class reviews. It makes you appreciate the worthiness of CruiseCritic. Happy sailing!

FiggyWig, I think you've made a good choice based on your criteria.

We have 9244 (1B) booked next March and my thought process was similar to yours. In fact, I probably would have booked 7244 if it had been available.

We wanted to be close to mid-ship and like the starboard side because it's usually next to the dock and we can watch the activity onshore from the balcony. Plus, 9244 isn't an adjoining room.

I think we'll be far enough from either of the "bumpouts" that views won't be obstructed.

I just received the Solstice brochure in the mail yesterday and she looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the ship!

Archived