Enterprise drop off

Bell Ringer

We are renting a van for the trip from LAX to San Pedro, because we have 2 days between arrival and the cruise. Our reservations allow us to drop off the van at LA Harbor San Pedro 235 W. 6th St. on Monday morning. How often do they have a shuttle from there to the Monarch and do I need to call them to make a reservation?

Anything else I should be aware of? (Kinda clueless...)

The pier shuttle is through the Crowne Plaza (since the Enterprise office is right there at the ground floor)...

2a6cde09c5b888efd771ec3a4ee4a414.jpg

I know that they have a sign up sheet with the concierge for different times.

If you want to be 100% secure, you should call Crowne Plaza before and get yourself put on the signup sheet for the time that you want.

Hope that helps.

Also - off this topic, but on your other topic

Here's some info for your stay in Redondo Beach

Restaurants and stores at the pier:

http://www.redondopier.com/pierdirectory/

The Coffee Shop there is the one that the main restaurant hangout of the tv show The OC.

Here's a driving tour for some things near where you are going to be:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=500138

Here are other restaurants across from the Sunrise:

http://www.rbmarina.com/dining.html

You could also drop your luggage at the pier, then turn in the car and walk to the pier - it's a bit of a hike, but they've done some nice work renovating the waterside area. I wouldn't do it with a ton of luggage or carry-on items, but if you're not going to have very much, it's a good way to work off that first cruise ship meal!:)

Be careful with this Enterprise location. In Jan. we rented from LAX and dropped off at San Pedro. We got home to a $1400 bill for damages to the car, and they claimed we dropped it off after hours. There was no damage when we returned it to the office during business hours. One of their agents inspected it when we dropped it off. In fact, one of the young women at the office took us the ship in the vehicle since the shuttle was busy. It took a lot of calls and work to get the charges dropped. We think she damaged it while coming back to the office and tried to pass it off on us. We've rented cars all over the U.S. and Europe for years and never had a problem like this. It was first, and last, time renting from Enterprise.

Be careful with this Enterprise location. In Jan. we rented from LAX and dropped off at San Pedro. We got home to a $1400 bill for damages to the car, and they claimed we dropped it off after hours. There was no damage when we returned it to the office during business hours. One of their agents inspected it when we dropped it off. In fact, one of the young women at the office took us the ship in the vehicle since the shuttle was busy. It took a lot of calls and work to get the charges dropped. We think she damaged it while coming back to the office and tried to pass it off on us. We've rented cars all over the U.S. and Europe for years and never had a problem like this. It was first, and last, time renting from Enterprise.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this...

This is a brand new and different location now. It only opened about a month ago. This person is referring to a different office.

The pier shuttle is through the Crowne Plaza (since the Enterprise office is right there at the ground floor)...

I know that they have a sign up sheet with the concierge for different times.

If you want to be 100% secure, you should call Crowne Plaza before and get yourself put on the signup sheet for the time that you want.

Hope that helps.

So, Enterpise won't pick you up at the pier. I'm reserving for post-cruise and the "locator" says that they pick you up. I guess I'll have to call the hotel for a shuttle...

Archived