Greetings from the DAWN, adventure today search and rescue at sea for a body floatin

Angelbysea

I am writing this from the ship, we did a search and rescue operation today because someone saw a body floating in the water, the ship stopped and circles around but they couldnt find the body, the ship notified authorities and after about 90 minutes we continued on, the captain made an anouncement that the body was NOT anyone off of this cruise and now no one knows if it was the poor lady that went overboard last week.

On a lighter note, I love FREESTYLE and the Dawn is a beauiful ship, I will write a full review when I return.

I don't understand how they know it wasn't anybody off your ship. Did they do a complete head count of all passengers?

I'm sure they keep a close watch on the cameras viewing the sides and back of the ship.

Couldn't the OP have worded her post a bit less gruesome.

Nick

I don't understand how they know it wasn't anybody off your ship. Did they do a complete head count of all passengers?

EXACTLY. i was confused when i first posted. now i'm even more confused since the couldnt' find the body. but i suppose in that time frame they did a headcount?

to those on the ship...what did they do?

Oh my gosh. Could this be a joke? Or rather a sick joke? I doubt it since Angel is a regular poster here and actually posted that she was going on the Dawn this week.

How ironic would it be if the Dawn spotted poor Mindy a week after she went overboard. I guess stranger things have happened, but still..........

I'm sure they keep a close watch on the cameras viewing the sides and back of the ship.

Couldn't the OP have worded her post a bit less gruesome.

Nick

How can you post something this awful without it being gruesome.

Maybe the description of the body ruled out passengers...

It seems extremely unlikely that "the body" just seen from the Dawn is that from the unfortunate accident last week. The Dawn is now 48 hours out of New York, the accident occurred four hours out of New York. That is a lot of blue between the two points. :confused:

One way they could have figured out it wasnt someone from the ship is if they saw it up ahead , like before the ship got to the point in the water where they saw "something" .. and that "something" turned out to be a body.. which.. if it got caught up in the current the ship makes, could have been pushed down, out.. all kind of things could have happened.

How can you post something this awful without it being gruesome.

Maybe the description of the body ruled out passengers...

I guess they had a description of everyone on the ship and ruled out what was in the water due to what everyone was wearing that day....come on.

Maybe to many reality shows.

Nick

Anyone who has sailed would know how extremely unlikely it would be to come close enough to such a tiny object as a body that someone would be able to identify it from the ship. Very minute chance.

Maybe someone saw something that looked like a body, or a floating piece of debris or clothing.

Out in the ocean, the sea life and natural processes would not let a body remain floating for very long. So I am pretty skeptical of this report.

I guess they had a description of everyone on the ship and ruled out what was in the water due to what everyone was wearing that day....come on.

Maybe to many reality shows.

Nick

Obviously, I meant decomposition. :rolleyes:

Archived