Starwood brand Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

stipmom

I usually stay at the Sheraton Yankee Trader pre-cruise using points and cash but that hotel is being remodeled and becoming a Westin. The Yankee Clipper does not have points and cash but the Westin Fort Lauderdale is available. How far is that from both the airport and Port Everglades? How about the Sheraton Suites Plantation? Thanks

I usually stay at the Sheraton Yankee Trader pre-cruise using points and cash but that hotel is being remodeled and becoming a Westin. The Yankee Clipper does not have points and cash but the Westin Fort Lauderdale is available. How far is that from both the airport and Port Everglades? How about the Sheraton Suites Plantation? Thanks

We have stayed at the Sheraton at the Airport. It is not near the beach of anything but it has a free shuttle from the airport to the port. And is not far from the hotel to the port. You can get a cab. We have also stayed at the two hotels that you mentioned. I am not sure where the Westin is located.

If it's the Westin off of Cypress Creek, it's pretty far away. It's been a while since I was there, but it was a nice hotel, but personally I would want to stay closer to the port. But a free room is a free room, and may work if you have a car.

Mike

The Westin is a very nice hotel. I haven't stayed there but have attended many events there. It's probably about 15-20 miles from the airport and port, and is isolated. It's on Cypress Creek Rd just east of I95.

We have stayed at the Sheraton at the Airport. It is not near the beach of anything but it has a free shuttle from the airport to the port.

When we booked with the Sheraton Airport, they told us they did NOT have a shuttle! :(

• 4 weeks later...

I too booked the Westin on Starwood Points and Miles-To me it's a deal. It's only a few thousand points a night plus $45. We are looking for 2 rooms for 2 nights. So for about $ 180 and 12,000 miles total for 4 nights I think it's a bargain. A bit out of the way? yes- about a 15 or 20 minute drive, but mostly Highway. it's worth th extra drive for me for about a good $600-$800 savings. Plus, it's a vry nice hotel. i'll keep looking for other Starwoods deals, but if nothing else comes through i'll still return my rental car at the airport before we go to Port Everglades..

I actually just changed my reservations from the Westin ft Lauderdale to the Sheraton Airport. This time all on points. When I factored in the cost of the cab round trip with the $190 for cash part, it paid to stay at the airport on all miles. Problem for us is that all luggage will not fit in the rental so we still need a cab round trip from the Westin- it was about $35 or so..

Archived