Any Info on obstructed View 6B OV cabins, Upper Deck, Glory & Freedom

AmberTeka

• 3 weeks later...

Serene has posted pics of the wall that you see thru the window. These cabins are mostly obstructed. You can however walk out to the deck in front of the cabin which is nice. Nice that they are on a high deck, but I dont think I would have paid to pick one of these cabins as you can walk out to the deck even if you were in a inside cabin on these decks.

Some are regular and the ones on the outside are HC cabins.

I just saw you are asking about AFT 6B cabins, are you sure you dont mean the ones in the front of the ship, not the AFT?

There are some AFT cabins on Main deck that are regular 6Bs? The rest I know of are in the front of the ship.

I am sorry. I am such an idiot about Nautical terms. :confused:

I am speaking of 6201...6203....6203...etc. at The Front of the Ship. I think. It looks down on the Bridge (?)..where Leonardo De Capri did the "I am the King of the World " Thing..The Bow? is that what I call it? Are the rooms large....220 sq. feet? That matters to me.

And my husband was in the Coast Guard. But he pitches a fit when I ask him.

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THOSE TERMS..IT IS AN INSULT FOR ME NOT TO KNOW THEM...ETC.:(

I remember when the Lad's number came up in the Viet Nam Draft lottery...he got his Letter for Viet Nam and joined the Coast Guard....how distraught he was...and now it is the thing he is MOST proud of Doing. Men. ;)

And I am proud of him too. It is our 37th wedding anniversity celebration trip.:)

We were in an obstructed view 6B cabin (in the bow) on Triumph. I'm pretty sure it's the same arrangement as in the newer ships you referenced. We had cabin 7201; we were right below the bridge and we were able to go out on the public deck on our level. It offered a fabulous view of the ports when we were pulling in, and we were out there for sail away from NYC as well!

We could see plenty out of our window, but the railing of the public deck blocked the "downward" view, if that makes sense. There were some benches to sit on out there and since we were on a NE/Canada itinerary, it's not like anyone was doing much sunbathing! :D

We discovered that if you had the lights on in your cabin, those on the public deck COULD see in despite the glass being tinted! We drew the curtains for privacy when desired. For the most part the only folks who went out on that deck were those in the bow cabins who knew about it and some from the inside staterooms towards the front of the ship - almost everyone else on the Empress deck had a suite or balcony of their own.

Be advised that the two cabins on the "ends" are ones where the twin beds do not convert to a king. The couple at the end of our row was not aware of that fact when booking and were VERY vocal (and rude) in expressing their displeasure to the cabin steward.

We decided to book a balcony on our upcoming cruise, though. The Caribbean is a bit more balcony-friendly than a NE/Canada itinerary was! We spoke with people on that cruise who had balconies but due to wind and cold they never used them.

Be advised that the two cabins on the "ends" are ones where the twin beds do not convert to a king. The couple at the end of our row was not aware of that fact when booking and were VERY vocal (and rude) in expressing their displeasure to the cabin steward. .

The two outside cabins are HC cabins and specially set up for wheelchairs. True, the beds dont push together on the two HC cabins. The shower and bathroom especially is different, no lip and the wheelchair can roll into the shower.

We had similar cabins on the Caribbean Princess and loved going out on this deck in front to watch the sunset and when we pulled away from ports and waved to any ship next to us. It was one of my favorite cabins, even though it was osbtructed.

OP as I said above if you post it on the cabin questions thread, Serene will probably see it. She has posted her pics of the cabin and the view here and down there quite a few times, she is just more likely to see it on that forum. We also had the film on our windows so people couldnt see in unless folks put their head right up against our window during the day. Once the sun sets, then people can easily see in if the lights are on.

Archived