Nassau Segway?

sanditoes4

Has anyone done this recently?

How much did it cost?

Was it worth it?

Tell me about your day on it. Where did you go? How long were you touring ON the segway? How long was "training"?

I would love to do this on my day in Nassau, but I need your help!!!

just got back from nassau today and we saw people doing the segways near one of the forts. it looked pretty simple, you get shoukder pads and a helmet and they teach you have to ride first. the price thru carnival on the sensation is i think $91

I did the Nassau Segway tour through Royal Caribbean last year. I thought it was a lot of fun! If the search is working, try putting in "Nassau Segway" and you can read what I and others have written about it.

I did it as an anniversary gift for DH because he had always wanted to try it. It was very easy to learn. It's both a "scenic tour" and a "extreme sport" you can brag about trying!:p

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

My DH and I got back last week from a cruise on the Carnival Glory, and we did the Segway tour in Nassau. DH has always wanted to ride one of these, so when we saw the tour on the Carnival website, he had to book it. It was a little expensive, $90/person for just a little over 2 hours, but we thought it was worth it. Our guide was very friendly and helpful and really helped us to feel comfortable riding. They gave us helmets and elbow/knee pads and training took somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes. I was nervous at first because I'm like the biggest clutz ever, but I got the hang of it pretty quick and didn't wreck. In fact, it's almost impossible to wreck. During training you're on "turtle speed," but once the guide feels your confident and compentent enough, she kicks it up. I think we got up to like 12 or 15 mph, which felt fast, trust me. After training, the guide took us to a big open field where we got to play around a little bit on them and she showed us how to ride and steer one with no hands, which was very fun. Then she took us to Fort Charlotte. We had to get off the Segways here to do about a 10 minute walk through the Fort, which was kind of interesting. Then it was back on the segways and we headed to the Botanical Gardens. These were more interesting than the fort for me. (Possibly because we got to ride our segways the whole time) Our guide pointed a lot of interesting plants and even had us taste the leaves of what turned out to be a clove tree. Towards the end of the tour, we stopped at an open field in the Gardens where our guide volunteered to use our cameras to take pictures of us. She was a pretty good photographer too it turns out. Overall, this was a really fun experience. My only complaint is that it was too short. I wouldn't have minded another hour or so on the segway.

p.s. If you really want to do this, you should sign up asap. The tour dissappeared off the Carnival website a couple of weeks after we booked because there were only 6 slots available and they all got filled.

Thanks everyone!!! I knew someone out there had done this!! I think it looks super fun.....I will keep it on my list, thanks for the heads up on the quick fill, I wonder why they only do 6 slots??? You'd think maybe they'd do 2 runs or something then??

Thanks again......waiting for January now!! :D

Archived