Hot Tub Restrictions?

aarinsmama

Are there posted age restrictions for the hot tubs on Carnival?

Yes, there are. I don't know the exact minimum age for the hot tubs by the main pool, but they do kick out small children with swim diapers on. There are "adults only" hot tubs where you must be 18.

Are there posted age restrictions for the hot tubs on Carnival?

Yes, I believe it's 16. There are adult-only hot tubs available.

Toddlers who are not potty trained are not permitted in any of the pools anytime, anywhere.

Yes' date=' I believe it's 16. There are adult-only hot tubs available.

Toddlers who are not potty trained are not permitted in any of the pools anytime, anywhere.[/quote']

Tea bags are not allowed period:eek:

Yes' date=' I believe it's 16. There are adult-only hot tubs available.

Toddlers who are not potty trained are not permitted in any of the pools anytime, anywhere.[/quote']

:cool: Why would anyone put a child in a hot tub in the first place - anyone, including kids,:cool: heart rate increases ten fold - even people with heart issues should not go in.:cool:

Sadly every cruise I have been on with the exception of the Triumph has had kids in the hot tubs. It drives me nuts, DH and I sitting there enjoying the calm and some kid comes and jumps in literally. We found kids in there with their parents. I wish it was enforced but it often isn't, at least from what I have seen.

Just a reminder that all kids are not rowdy in the hot tub- we have 4 and sailed on the Miracle last November and if there were several adults in there we had our kids get out and they weren't in there for a long period of time. We don't allow jumoing or splashing. I know we might be in the minority with how we handle our kids. But I wish that people would remember that this is their vacation too and we paid a lot of money just like everyone else.

I've never had a problem with kids in the hot tubs. I don't mind if they're in there as long as they don't splash around or try to swim. It's just not big enough for that. With a few exceptions, I've never noticed rude or unruly kids on a cruise ship.

Just a reminder that all kids are not rowdy in the hot tub- we have 4 and sailed on the Miracle last November and if there were several adults in there we had our kids get out and they weren't in there for a long period of time. We don't allow jumoing or splashing. I know we might be in the minority with how we handle our kids. But I wish that people would remember that this is their vacation too and we paid a lot of money just like everyone else.

I will stay out of Camp Carnival and they can stay out of the hot tub. My DW and I always cruise with our kids and would not think to leave them behind. With that said they are not privileged to do everything that we do. If the sign says NO CHILDREN then thats the rules and we follow it. They can swim in the pools all they want and if that means that the wife and I have to take turns watching them then so be it. Even if children are behaving themselves in the hottub I just do not want them there. Sometimes we just need someplace where we can sit, relax and let our hair down and talk to other adults without having to worry about what little ears may hear.

I know first hand that all kids are not rowdy (work in pediatrics) and I have no objection to kids in the hot tub that are old enough (per rules) to be in there. What I think people forget is that the rules are in place for a reason, they aren't put in place to offend people.

In my case I am referring to children that are under the age limit for the hot tubs. If the rules state that children under 16 (just an age example) aren't allowed in the hot tub then my 15 year old won't go in regardless of how well behaved she is. If children aren't old enough to be in there then they really shouldn't be, you didn't state their ages so I don't know if they were under the age limit or not. I too paid for my vacation and enjoy spending time in the hot tubs but I won't bother if there are young children in there. The way I see it is other people have paid good money for their vacations why should I allow my child to break the rules and infringe on their enjoyment? Maybe I am the odd one out in this way of thinking and if I am then so be it. I want to teach my children that they aren't exempt from rules just because I think they should be and because they are well behaved.

At my work we have signs posted about not letting your child climb on the chairs, this is for safety reasons. We have to constantly tell parents that we can't allow their children climbing/standing on the chairs. Most parents are very receptive,however we had one who was so angry and loudly said "David obviously these people don't know what an excellent climber you are." Well David was 2 1/2, and I really don't care what an excellent climber you think your son is he is doing something he shouldn't be and your the adult here. I am sure there are plenty of things my DD would like to do on this upcoming cruise but due to her age and Carnivals rules she won't be able to, she will just have to deal with it.

You need to book a vaction where rules allows your children to do the things you want them to be able to do.

Otherwise it's akin to spending a lot of money on a DisneyWorld vacation and insisting that your child be able to go on all the attractions, regardless of the rules... because you "paid a lot of money like everyone else" and it "is their vacation too".

Toddlers who are not potty trained are not permitted in any of the pools anytime' date=' anywhere.[/quote']

Honestly, the little kids don't bother me as much as the "drunk group" that always takes over the hot tub for hours and just stays there until the sun goes down!!

I wonder where they go to the bathroom, especially after beer after beer after beer.....

I was not looking to get flamed for my comments, I just feel that sometimes people get really upset about kids cruising. Now, on the flip side maybe if it was just dh and I, I would like to enjoy my vacation without kids bouncing around. And I understand others feelings about that. I don't recall seeing a sign on the Miracle about having to be 16 or older, but I could be wrong. I do know that on that ship there was the adults only pool and hot tub and I wouldn't dream of letting my kids go in there and that is why we didn't see a problem with them being in the other hot tubs and pools as long as they weren't being rowdy and when more adults came in, they got out.

Honestly, the little kids don't bother me as much as the "drunk group" that always takes over the hot tub for hours and just stays there until the sun goes down!!

I wonder where they go to the bathroom, especially after beer after beer after beer.....

Thats why I try to stay out of them.

:cool: Why would anyone put a child in a hot tub in the first place - anyone, including kids,:cool: heart rate increases ten fold - even people with heart issues should not go in.:cool:

This is only temporary if the bodies temperature raises quickly. The brain quickly lowers the heart rate once in. Children are more at risk for overheating in a hot tub or being sucked onto the drain.

Carnivals hot tubs (at least the ships we have been on) are no were near the temperature that there would be a problem.

That being said I don't think hot tubs on a cruise ship are appropriate for children.

I have never been on a cruise where the hot tub was HOT. Never. It doesn't matter what cruise line or what ship, the hot tubs are barely warm. Even for a child, there is no chance of over heating.

The only time on a Carnival ship I have seen a sign with a minimum age posted was at the hot tubs near the adult pool. At the main pool I haven't seen signs. I look, If I see no sign and I see LOTS of other kids in the hot tubs then my kids can jump in too.

I was not looking to get flamed for my comments, I just feel that sometimes people get really upset about kids cruising. Now, on the flip side maybe if it was just dh and I, I would like to enjoy my vacation without kids bouncing around. And I understand others feelings about that. I don't recall seeing a sign on the Miracle about having to be 16 or older, but I could be wrong. I do know that on that ship there was the adults only pool and hot tub and I wouldn't dream of letting my kids go in there and that is why we didn't see a problem with them being in the other hot tubs and pools as long as they weren't being rowdy and when more adults came in, they got out.

I don't think anyone flamed you, sorry if you felt that way. I do have a question though, if I may? If your child (old enough to read if applicable) were to say to you, "Mom that sign says no one under the age of 16 permitted" what would you do? Would you say "it's ok your well behaved therefore it doesn't apply to you?" I just think breaking the rules sends the wrong message. I have children and like I said earlier I don't care how well they behave it if says no then they aren't going to do it with my encouragement period!

My son will be 21 next week, at his college graduation a few relatives tried offering him a beer and couldn't understand why I said no. I said no because the drinking age is 21, he is very resonsible but it's wrong. I am sure he has drank on many occasions but he wont do it in my presence no matter how well behaved he is until he is 21. It was really thoughtful of you to ask some of your kids to leave the hot tub if adults wanted to enter, but what about the paying passengers who saw your kids and walked away because they didn't want to deal with them (provided there was a sign), is that fair?

This reminds me of the issue with parents wanting one sibling to go with another sibling in the kids programs. You hear all sorts of reasons why Jr should be able to, he doesn't like little kids, he's so mature, etc. Fact of the matter is the cruiseline sets rules and we all choose to cruise with a particular line and all of the rules are pretty clear and straight forward if one looks. I am sorry if you felt flamed but regardless of what I say or anyone else says you are going to raise your children the way you want and cruise the lines you want :)

I have never been on a cruise where the hot tub was HOT. Never. It doesn't matter what cruise line or what ship, the hot tubs are barely warm. Even for a child, there is no chance of over heating.

The only time on a Carnival ship I have seen a sign with a minimum age posted was at the hot tubs near the adult pool. At the main pool I haven't seen signs. I look, If I see no sign and I see LOTS of other kids in the hot tubs then my kids can jump in too.

Thank you!

I know it is a PITA, but a quiet word to security takes care of the problem. Sometimes they don't do anything if no one complains.

I wish this were always true, but we had kids cannonballing into the adult only aft hot tubs on the Victory last year and security only shrugged their shoulders at us and walked away.:mad: I love kids - but if those two of the 6 or 9 hot tubs onboard are posted as adults only, then they need to enforce it.

I was actually worried that one of those kids would hurt themselves jumping in like that - but the parents were nowhere to be found.

I have never been on a cruise where the hot tub was HOT. Never. It doesn't matter what cruise line or what ship, the hot tubs are barely warm.

You have never been on any of my cruises then... I've had it hot to the point I needed to get out to cool off.

Archived