Fun Ship $ ??????

lv2snorkel

The Fun Ship Dollars sounds like a great program that everyone here is discussing.

How about the following scenario?

I buy enough Fun Ship Dollars to build $500 into my obc account. Let's say at the end of my cruise I have spent a total of $400. What happens to my $100 balance? Do they refund my credit card, give me a cash refund, cut me a check for the 100, etc? Or do they keep it on account for a future cruise?

Appreciate your answers.

:confused:

:confused: :confused: OK, I'm new. 1st cruise will be in August. I don't understand the reason for purchasing funship dollars in advance ???????? Please explain.

Seems like the cruise line has your $ for awhile, and probably doing overnight investing and making profits. If you got a few extra $ and want to save it to pay for the on board extras, why not put it in your own savings (or brokerage) account and make some money for yourself ????

I agree - I would rather have that money in my pocket earning interest until after the cruise when I pay off the credit card used onboard with it - but a lot of people will spend it if they have it.

I do have a Funship $$ certificate that was a gift - can anyone confirm that I can just take this to the purser's desk and not hassle with mailing it in certified mail like the certificate says?

first, I can't save. It is a character flaw but at least I recognize it. I have a need and a desire to spend every cent I make. Will I regret it in my old age... Of course.. but for now I just accept who I am.

Secondly, I have a SeaMiles credit that gives me double points for Carnival purchases. Since I pay this cc in full each month I try to buy as many funship dollars as I can afford each month. The few cents I may make on saving this money is far less than the peace of mind I have knowing I can't spend those funship dollars anywhere but on my cruise.

Congrats for recognizing it - most people won't admit it. I see people all the time in my line of work who won't. As long as your spending doesn't come before your bill paying everything is fine. :D

Your Seamiles idea isn't a bad one, though - I need to rack up a few more points to cash in and then I'm cancelllng it as soon as I do. Thanks for the idea! I got so fed up with them I only use it for Carnival purchases that I get the double points on now.

Secondly, I have a SeaMiles credit that gives me double points for Carnival purchases. Since I pay this cc in full each month I try to buy as many funship dollars as I can afford each month. The few cents I may make on saving this money is far less than the peace of mind I have knowing I can't spend those funship dollars anywhere but on my cruise.

I am with you on this one!!!! I know it is NOT the most fiscally sound way of thinking but I would also rather pay in advance and have a nice OBC waiting for me when I board. So I may lost a bit of money in the interest, my peace of mind is worth more!!!! :eek:

The Fun Ship Dollars sounds like a great program that everyone here is discussing.

How about the following scenario?

I buy enough Fun Ship Dollars to build $500 into my obc account. Let's say at the end of my cruise I have spent a total of $400. What happens to my $100 balance? Do they refund my credit card, give me a cash refund, cut me a check for the 100, etc? Or do they keep it on account for a future cruise?

Appreciate your answers.

Check at end of cruise

Archived