Help! Don't want someone's elbow in my souffle!

Bestbubba

DH and I really enjoy dining at a table for two some evenings. Keep reading about the close proximity of this type of table in the dining rooms. We are on the Sapphire next March. Any helpful folk out there that can recommend a table in any of the PC dining rooms? We both really enjoy meeting new friends when we cruise (that's what it's all about:) ) but a quiet table for 2 at dinner some evenings can't be beat!!

Thanks in advance!

Sue

You stated you enjoyed meeting folks and I think you should run with that. We like to dine at a table for two, also, but find that we travel with friends more so lately. We cruise 2 to 3 times a year and have NEVER had a problem with "elbow" room at a table. I think you'll be fine. Enjoy!

We prefer table for two. On the Island Princess the tables were close together, but you do not have to wait for others to order and be served as you do with tables for 4 or more. We didn't mind the close proximity to other diners, and we did enjoy setting our own pace.

On the Diamond, we dined in the Santa Fe, Sterling and Pacific Moon rooms. Where we were seated (tables for 2 against the walls), the tables were most crowded in the Sterling room by far. There was really only elbow room there. In Santa Fe and Pacific Moon the tables were spaced much farther apart (however, we were able to hear many conversations because some people enjoy being loud--there was one night where the relaxation of dinner and being served was pretty much ruined by a loud-mouthed man at the next table--there is just not much you can do about that on a ship with so many people--just grin and bear it and know that tomorrow is another day and the experience will likely be different--on our 5 night cruise we had about 3 bad nights and 2 good nights!!!).

My dh and I were on the Sapphire (celebrating our 25th anniversary) last month. We requested a table for two in all of the dining rooms. There was only one night that we had a "real" table for two. All of the others were bench seats with close little tables for two, not very romantic.

Archived