Disembark Early?

MKane

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a honeymoon cruise and I've noticed that it is more convenient for me to get off at a port before the last stop. I'm planning on taking the Nov '09 Azamara Journey departing from Athens, Greece and ending in Rome, Italy. However, I have family near Sorrento, Italy (the stop right before Rome). Am I allowed to pack up and leave the ship at Sorrento or do I have to stay till Rome? If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks for your time!

MKane

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a honeymoon cruise and I've noticed that it is more convenient for me to get off at a port before the last stop. I'm planning on taking the Nov '09 Azamara Journey departing from Athens, Greece and ending in Rome, Italy. However, I have family near Sorrento, Italy (the stop right before Rome). Am I allowed to pack up and leave the ship at Sorrento or do I have to stay till Rome? If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks for your time!

MKane

I think that this is something that you have to try to arrange with the cruise line in advance. There will not be people automatically at the ports you visit to "clear" you (i.e. immigration agents). I know that it can be worked out (a few people left my last cruise at ports prior to the end of the cruise) but I do not think that you can automatically do this without first making arrangements with the cruise line. I would call customer relations (or your travel agent if you used one) to start working on it if this is for sure what you'd like to do.

Good luck

Archived