Anyone been on the Majesty?

cb747

Hi,

I've read that the Majesty has a 3.5 Star rating. Has anyone been on this ship and can you give me a review.

Many thanks,

Chantal

I have been on this ship several times and have loved it each and every time. It is a smaller ship so if you've sailed before on larger ships, realize with a smaller ship you may need to lower your expectations. With that said, I find the staff to be attentive, the ship to be clean and there always fun to be had. If you have any specific questions feel free. Overall I would say it's great. Also please realize I'm a little biased as I met my husband on the majesty and got engaged on the majesty. ;)

Hi,

I've read that the Majesty has a 3.5 Star rating. Has anyone been on this ship and can you give me a review.

Many thanks,

Chantal

try here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=43

or here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=777743&highlight=Majesty

or here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=775460&highlight=Majesty

Hi,

Many thanks,

Chantal

The Majesty was our very first cruise in May 2002 and that was enough to get us addicted to cruising. We have done the Boston to Bermuda cruise 10 times! It's a great ship, crew is just the best and you can't beat the destination. We are sad not to have her here in Boston anymore. We will be on the Dream on June 1 to sail to Bermuda. Any questions just ask. There are lots of fans of the Majesty on this board.

You're not going to find many ships built in 1992 with a higher ranking.

Face it, the Majesty is getting old. It wasn't design for Freestyle Cruising and Freestyle Dining.

RCCL Soverign of the Seas has a 3.5 star ranking.

CCL Holiday and Fantasy have a 3 star ranking.

PCL Dawn Princess has a 4 star ranking, but was built in 1995.

The exception for older ships is HAL's Prinsendam, built in 1988, with a 4.5 star ranking.

So, what's new about older ships rankings falling over the years.

And the Majesty will be leaving NCL's fleet in December 2009. I wonder why?

Hi All,

Many thanks for the information on the Majesty. My aunt and uncle are taking their first cruise and were a little concerned, but you have put their fears to rest.

Tks again,

Chantal

Seems to me that the majority of people who are disappointed in the Majesty simply didn't do their homework. I'll never understand plopping down money on a cruise and not knowing what you are buying. Its like buying a car without knowing the make, model, year, mileage etc.

The Majesty is a great little ship, and an even better value. If the purpose of your cruise is to relax and be waited on by a warm, fiendly crew, then the Majesty is just the ticket. If you require rock walls, waterslides, and extensive children's facilities you will be disappointed.

We have been on the Majesty 2 of the last 3 years and are sailing on the Dream next month. Most of our cruises thus far have been on Celebrity ships like the Constellation, Galaxy (twice), Zenith and Summit and Disney ships like the Magic and Wonder.

I fondly refer to the Majesty as a Toyota Tercel or tugboat type of ship relatively speaking giving the influx of both newer and much larger ships. Small, dependable, more than adequate and pleasant would be how I would describe the Majesty. Food and service were better than expected and our only real complaint had to do with the narrow deck where the pools are situated. There is no room for lounge chairs which is atypical based on our experience.

The Majesty represents excellent value to Bermuda (our oceanview unobstructed staterooms for Bermuda cruises in 2005 and 2006 were less than $600 including all fees and charges) and as you so eloquently observed, people who watch the travel channel and expect to be sailing on the Freedom or Liberty of the Seas will be extremely disappointed. View it as relatively inexpensive transportation and lodging on a beautiful island and one will be pleased.

It's funny.. There's a great chance the Majesty will be replaced by a wonderful NCL ship that will most likely have balconies and a better pool area layout, and yet I'm sad she's leaving NCL at 2010. She may not have all the amenities as other ships, but what she lacks there, she makes up in "personality."

I'm sure I speak for many when I say, once the Majesty's gone, so is a very special, unduplicated ship experience.

I think your aunt and uncle are going to have a wonderful time.

A.

It's funny.. There's a great chance the Majesty will be replaced by a wonderful NCL ship that will most likely have balconies and a better pool area layout, and yet I'm sad she's leaving NCL at 2010. She may not have all the amenities as other ships, but what she lacks there, she makes up in "personality."

I'm sure I speak for many when I say, once the Majesty's gone, so is a very special, unduplicated ship experience.

I think your aunt and uncle are going to have a wonderful time.

A.

My in-laws just got off the Majesty today. It was a 40th anniversary present from their children. They said they loved the Majesty, loved Bermuda, and want to go again. How much longer will she be in service?

I have been on this ship several times and have loved it each and every time. It is a smaller ship so if you've sailed before on larger ships, realize with a smaller ship you may need to lower your expectations. With that said, I find the staff to be attentive, the ship to be clean and there always fun to be had. If you have any specific questions feel free. Overall I would say it's great. Also please realize I'm a little biased as I met my husband on the majesty and got engaged on the majesty. ;)

What a lovely story! Can you tell us how you met on the Majesty, and how you came to get engaged on her as well? How romantic.

My in-laws just got off the Majesty today. It was a 40th anniversary present from their children. They said they loved the Majesty, loved Bermuda, and want to go again. How much longer will she be in service?

The Majesty and the Dream have been sold. I believe the plan is for the Dream to leave end of this year, and the Majesty to leave end of next year. I hope that's still the case. In 2009, Majesty is sailing from Charleston to Bermuda for only a few weeks. Keep that in mind if that port is important to you.

Archived