Hotel in Honolulu

miamiu96

I am sailing on the Millennium out of Honolulu in October and will be arriving the day before. Does anyone have a hotel recommendation in Honolulu.

Thanks

And, next April, we will be sailing Millennium after flying to Honolulu the day before. So we are also interested in a hotel.

Don't know what your budget is but we spent a wonderful 5 nights at the Moana Surfrider (a Westin) in March. She is one of the grand ol' ladies of Waikiki and a beautiful hotel to experience. Sitting on the sweeping front porch in one of the many rocking chairs, watching the folks in the evening was great entertainment. Of course, we only did that after the music ended behind the hotel and we gave up the padded, deep chairs on the back porch. ;) The view of Diamond Head is wonderful. The beach is very nice at the hotel as is the pool area. Truly a fabulous place!

Duke's is right next door. (Duke's has a nice breakfast buffet you might want to check out if stay at the MS.) The park with the Duke statue is next to the hotel in the other direction. It's a 2 block walk to The Bus (in case you want to catch it to the mall or something). Very convenient location in Waikiki.

fyi - Westin has a total non-smoking policy on all of its property - including all of the rooms, bars, restaurants, and grounds. They do enforce the policy. Thought I'd mention that in case you do smoke...you might prefer to stay elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

It all depends on ur budget really....I see several mentions of Aqua Palm and I'm staying there again in July for the price, good service and simplicity of hotel....good luck....p.s. nice to go over to hawaii hilton hotels and enjoy their resort too...

For hotels, go to TripAdvisor.com. You can sift through all the reviews, see actual photographs of rooms and bathrooms and make a better personal choice. Having done that. I had no regrets on any hotel booked. When there are consistant negative or positive reviews, you have to believe the pattern and you'll at least know what the expectations are. I've seen the same complaints over and over for very expensive properties. Sometimes knowing a negative beforehand makes all the difference in how you will handle it.

Another favorite of mine is the Aqua Equus for a quick sleepover at a very reasonable price. The only drwaback is the flight of stairs at the entrance, but they will help you with the luggage.

After a lot of research here and on TripAdvisor, we decided to spend our few pre-cruise days in a quieter way in a small beachfront rental we found on: http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii/oahu

We've had great luck with "Vacation Rentals by Owner" rentals on the Mainland and are excited about the property we found in Oahu. Besides, a few days of sandwiches on the beach will make the cruise food that much more decadent.

This is just a thought. In 2003 (December) without much knowledge about Honululu I took a chance and made my first bid on Priceline. I won my first bid for a two night stay at the Hawiian Prince (4 star hotel next door to the Hawiian Hilton. We were amazed to get an ocean view on the 22nd floor and the room was just amazing. My winning bid was $119 a night and I am sure the bids are much higher these days. I have also heard that there are winning bids for the Hawiian Hilton for around $200 a night which I believe is a 5 star bid. You might research this one. Try better bidding. Tim

Kristen: We too are on that cruise in October and are staying at the Hilton Hawaiin Village in the Alii Tower, which I know is pricey at $380.00 per night. I have stayed here before, but this has the extra perks and amenities to begin a great cruise and they treat you like royality. It is also about 15-20 minutes to the cruise dock for boarding. I can also recommend the Hilton Hawaiin Village for it's lavish grounds and beachs. See you on board.

Alan & his Mom Jean

We cant reccommend it YET! lol.....but we are booked in here

http://www.ohanahotels.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-islands/oahu-waikiki/ohana-waikiki-west

for 3 nights after our Hawaiin cruise in September. It's in a great spot in Waikiki. Close to the beach and International Market Place. Cost is very reasonable and looks good from the web site.

Cheers

Col

Hi Alan - right now we are booked at the Waikiki Marriott Resort, although I'm still looking around I may give Priceline a try for the Hilton.

We're scheduled to arrive the day before the cruise leaves, but since we booked their airfare through the Celebrity, we don't know when we arrive yet. I'm traveling with a friend of mine from Chicago, and I'm flying in from NYC, so most likely we won't arrive at the same time. But honestly, I'm so excited for this cruise, I feel like the vacation starts the minute I board the plane, and I can be happy anywhere for one night!

Archived