july 1st

Hi Nikki,

ok i have to be honest, i went on a cruise 26th march, so havnt fully unpacked from then, took out all the stuff that needed washing, washed it, now i have to iron and repack, so its not that bad. Its good to cruise in winter as you dont have to wear the stuff and can pack early.

good to hear about the rest of the group, the more the merrier.

cant wait for a cocktail, my favourite is toasted almond martini, not on the menu but they will make it for you, its great, ill buy you one and we can enjoy together.

June

Is there anyone else on this cruise? The roll call is very quiet, this cruise is very full. Maybe just not many CCers on this one.

Nikki

Can be hit and miss Nikki.

Our roll call for Sun Princess NYE cruise had 4 participants, with a jam packed, sold out cruise of over 2300 passengers. There are more & more Aussies\Kiwis finding out about this place, so participation will grow bigger. There were several winter P&O cruises last year that did not have a roll call started, so quiet is better than non-existent.

• 3 weeks later...

4 more sleeps to go!!

To June(JUNENIBS) & all your gang, see you at 7pm in Bacchus Bar Tuesday night

That last 12 hour shift was hard, finished work ,now on ALeave:D - still trying to fit everything in the bags:(

Does anyone know if you can see the PD from top floors of Medina Grand Harbourside Appartments?

Well done with the upgrade (s) Nikki, I'm really excited for you. Just read that Lizard also got her BLUE FOLDER (sniff, sniff) and I think she's going 29August. I'm on 19th August and still sniffing around the letterbox.

Not sure how cabin allocation works as hubby booked our cruise and came home that day with the cabin number. We've got a balcony on Baja deck and it's mid ship, so I don't really want to be moved. Well, maybe I could be persuaded to take a suite with balcony! Hey, where's our smileys gone?

Ella

There's nothing more exciting than when that express envelope arrives with the blue folder inside ( except the cruise itself!).

I'm not sure how the upgrades are done, but I think if you request a particular cabin you don't get an upgrade (although I could be wrong). It would be nice if you got yourselves a suite, then I'm sure you would except the upgrade:D

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

3 sleeps for me, we leave on Mon am to stay the night in Melb.

2 of our group have had to pull out as the wife is very sick and has to have an operation (today) it is so upsetting I have spoken a few times to the husband and mother and we all got very emotional and upset, but have promised that we will repeat and all go on a cruise sometime in the new year, I was looking forward so much to meeting them, and they havnt had a holiday in 2 years and it was the first cruise for them, its just horrible.

It will be great to meet you and your lot, cant wait, we will have a good time and a good few drinks to start off the cruise with a bang. We will be boarding around 2.30pm as I have a business meeting at 10am in Sydney, and lunch with long lost friends at 12 noon. cant wait to get going, must finish the ironing and packing and then off we go. See you Tues. 7pm Bacchus Bar.

:D

Hi Nikki,

3 sleeps for me, we leave on Mon am to stay the night in Melb.

It will be great to meet you and your lot, cant wait, we will have a good time and a good few drinks to start off the cruise with a bang. We will be boarding around 2.30pm as I have a business meeting at 10am in Sydney, and lunch with long lost friends at 12 noon. cant wait to get going, must finish the ironing and packing and then off we go. See you Tues. 7pm Bacchus Bar.

Hi June

It's also really only 3 sleeps for us as we've booked Monday night in the city - just to start the cruise a bit earlier. We are staying at the Medina Grand Harbourside - premier view apartment so hopefully we'll get a good view of the PD (paid a little extra). Dinner in Downtown Chinatown..nice bottle of wine (or two:D ) A great start to the cruise:) :D :) !!!

Nikki & DH Peter

Nikki,Peter,June and anyone else who is sailing on the 1st july,have a fantastic time, you all must be sooo.. excited the day has nearly arrived:D

Hope you have smooth seas and beautiful weather, even if it's not that great.. the weather that is, I'm sure you'll still have a great time, looking forward to hearing all about it on your return.;)

Bye, have fun.....

Regards Sandie:)

Well done with the upgrade (s) Nikki, I'm really excited for you. Just read that Lizard also got her BLUE FOLDER (sniff, sniff) and I think she's going 29August. I'm on 19th August and still sniffing around the letterbox.

Not sure how cabin allocation works as hubby booked our cruise and came home that day with the cabin number. We've got a balcony on Baja deck and it's mid ship, so I don't really want to be moved. Well, maybe I could be persuaded to take a suite with balcony! Hey, where's our smileys gone?

Ella

hi ricane

as you may have seen on our roll call we got our blue folder last friday yours shouldnt be too far away and we got our cabin nos on tuesday we are on emerald deck E194 we are so excited as this is our very first cruise and our first time out of oz since i put the timeleft countdown on my computer the time seems to be going so much quicker bring 19 aug:)

Nikki,Peter,June and anyone else who is sailing on the 1st july,have a fantastic time, you all must be sooo.. excited the day has nearly arrived:D

Hope you have smooth seas and beautiful weather, even if it's not that great.. the weather that is, I'm sure you'll still have a great time, looking forward to hearing all about it on your return.;)

Bye, have fun.....

Regards Sandie:)

Hi Sandie,

Thanks for the well wishes for a great cruise. I will be taking my laptop so hopefully will try to do a daily review.. thats if the cocktails don't get me...ha ha! As for the weather... I hope it's smooth sailing for all our group as most of them get sea sick:( ... but as for me & DH we like a bit of excitement with the 'swell':D (on our last cruise it was like a roller coaster ride for 2 days in the cabin we had -U8 on the PS)

I keep looking at that blue folder and can't wait for the day to come:D

Nikki & Peter

Hi to All July 1st cruisers

I've just come home from 'lunch by the sea'. It is flat as a pancake out there, I hope it stays that way for our cruise!:) I'm so excited, I can't wait for the day to come. The bags are packed.. that's if I don't change my mind about something else again & again...I don't know how many times I've opened & closed that bag.

Anyway.... To all that are coming, meet you in the Bacchus bar at 7pm Tuesday for a 'bevvy or 2':) ..... To all that are not coming....we will be having a great time... think of us won't you!!!...:D :D

Nikki

Seadreams27

Thanks for the well wishes:) . The first thing I'll be doing is looking at the cocktail list...Every time I have one I'll think of all the land locked CCer's.

Now which cocktail will I try first.....any sugestions?:D

I hope Duck N Chook leave the PD in tip top shape for us... I've been looking at their updates and it looks like they are having a great time..maybe we'll see them as they depart their 28 day adventure.

Nikki

I hope Duck N Chook leave the PD in tip top shape for us... I've been looking at their updates and it looks like they are having a great time..maybe we'll see them as they depart their 28 day adventure.

Nikki

Not likely - they wil have left the ship all tired and partied out. PD may never recover.

You will need to be there early to see them depart, unless security are still trying to drag them off kicking & screaming!

Have a great cruise everyone!!

Hi arxcards

May see them getting dragged off the PD as we are staying at the Medina Grand Harbourside & plan to drop our bags off early as we did last time, so we can have a good look around and entertain ourselves without the luggage for a few hours:) . One more sleep until train trip to Sydney tomorrow.... can't wait:D :D

Nikki

Archived