ok. I'm Not scared to ask the Tough Questions

erikishere

Capricious

Definition: (origin...slang) adverb; combination of "capris" and delicious".

usage: Honey, those pants you are wearing sure look capricious. You look so sexy I could eat you up!

so i don't see how this applies to companies "determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason".

such a silly goose the OP is. wonder how long it took the OP to work that word into a sentence.

(tell me you don't hear the sarcasm...please.)

My TA told me Princess had added a fuel charge to our upcoming cruise and then took it off my account since we booked last October.

The high cost of fuel is effecting everyone these days. Can you imagine having to pay the fuel bill for just one cruise? YIKES!

in the world of being "green" these days. we should call on the services of Dr. Emmett Brown. so that we can power the ships with the necessary 1.21 Gigawatts of power...from the famous flux capacitor! See Mr. Fusion (Mr. Coffee's futuristic relative) in this photo:

mr-fusion.jpg

The fuel surcharge is an added charge for two reasons. The first more optimistic is that it theoretically could go away when oil prices drop (and when hell freezes!) More to the point, adding these as additional charges, prevents TAs from getting paid a commission on these fees. They go 100 percent to the cruiseline.

Gas is up 100 percent over the past two years. It was bound to happen and the cruise lines have been up front with it. Takes alot of fuel to get those boats where they go!

Not sure the OP really has a handle on travelling. There are fewer and fewer airlines that don't have some type of fuel surcharge or fee. Since he/she flys out of Denver (I'm guessing), Frontier just announced the $25 for second bag. So call it what you wish, a fuel surcharge or other fees, it's a necessity as airlines are losing their a** and we still want cheap airfares.

As to fuel surcharges on cruise lines, I can handle it and have never questioned the legality as it is a purchase that we can opt not to buy.

Archived