LAX Super Shuttle Discount Code

afcj1

I used the code today and booked. Pickup at LAX and drop off at the Crown Plaza in San Pedro. I have a reservation. I saved $3 per person.

Glad to see that it still works. Every few dollars help:D

• 3 months later...

This code will get you 5% off a regular fare at SuperShuttle.com (V5UR9). You must go to the website and enter the code to redeem the discount. This code is good until 12/31/09 so save it because it can be used every time you ride the shuttle until that date. Also, beware of the so-called discounts offered by some of these travel sites that bundle all your expenses. I've noticed that they sometimes inflate the original fare to compensate for the discount, I guess someone has to get some sort of commission or something. Anyway, this discount is off the ORIGINAL fare, not an inflated one. Hope this helps.:o

• 2 weeks later...
I decided to reserve my shuttle service from LAX to Crown Plaza/San Pedro, since the gas prices are rising at a steady pace. I get anal about certain things and after researching BBB reports and CC threads, I went with Super Shuttle. Our flight comes in the day before, in the AM, so the thought of waiting for other PAX, wasn't the worst thing (the chief complaint from CC members).

Anyway, I found a discount code: UYR59, that saved me $6.00 ($3.00pp). Total incl tip was $37.76. Using the same code for the return from port to LAX was: $33.04

I thought it was a good price, so I wanted to pass along the discount.

Hi, just a note. I just tried using this code and it is saying invalid code. So I guess it doesn't work anymore.

• 1 month later...

The code is still good to use. It will give you a $3.00 per booking discount. If you are traveling in a group, book each person separately. Otherwise, if you book everyone on one booking, you will only receive a $3.00 discount.

We had 3 of us traveling, so I booked everyone separately and each of us received a $3.00 discount.

The code is still good to use. It will give you a $3.00 per booking discount. If you are traveling in a group, book each person separately. Otherwise, if you book everyone on one booking, you will only receive a $3.00 discount.

We had 3 of us traveling, so I booked everyone separately and each of us received a $3.00 discount.

Thanks....I guess this is much cheaper than taking a cab? :confused:

Thanks....I guess this is much cheaper than taking a cab? :confused:

Welcome to the West Coast Boards kelz!

Yes SuperShuttle is about $17 per person from LAX to the piers.

Cab is approximately $70 (give or take depending on traffic, then add tip).

UYR59 still works, $3 per booking.

(so you can do like thunder_lin, and book each individual separately to get $3 off per person).

SUR08 is working from 1/1/09 until 3/31/09

It will give 15% off each booking.

Both of these must be booked online only.

Hi all,

I just got back from a cruise out of San Pedro and wanted to post this info.

I did not pre-book my outgoing trip to San Pedro because if I missed my flight, I would miss the ship. I checked with SuperShuttle and in this case they would not refund a pre-pay. You have to cancel the pre-pay so many days in advance (I think 24 hours, but may be wrong). Otherwise there was no refund.

So I prebooked my return trip, using code UYR59. This gave me a $3 discount for the booking. They were charging $29 first passenger and $9 second passenger. If you added a tip, they were charging 18% (alhtough you could erase this and leave no tip or different amount). This is $44.84 and then they deducted $3, so charge was $41.84.

I got off at LAX with no problem, and went to the SuperShuttle. He charged me $17 each for total of $34 and I tipped $6 and it cost me $40. This is cheaper than pre-booking for 2 people, and you can tip as you choose.

On the way back, I gave my pre-paid voucher, and it was a little bit of a hassle. They wrote down my voucher number and assigned me a shuttle number I was supposed to get on. However, that one didn't show up. I got on the one that did show up and then he had to do paperwork because I got on the "wrong" shuttle and it took a little longer.

If you had more than 2 people, I think you would save money if they kept adding them at $9 each for the prepay, but to pre-pay for 2 people at an additional cost and hassle, you can save yourself by paying directly and saving a couple of bucks.

Just an FYI!

Elaine

Elaine:

Thanks for the info. Would you recommend not having a prepaid reservation when you get off the ship for the return to LAX? Would it be easy to simply pay cash at the pier?

Well, I'm not Elaine, but a neighbor:D

We prepaid for our return to the ship, if for nothing else, then for the convenience. It was one less thing to worry about. We were put on a bus pretty quickly, but don't know if that was because we had prepaid.

Well, I'm not Elaine, but a neighbor:D

We prepaid for our return to the ship, if for nothing else, then for the convenience. It was one less thing to worry about. We were put on a bus pretty quickly, but don't know if that was because we had prepaid.

Hello Neighbor! Do you remember about what time you made it to LAX? I booked a 12:30 flight back, hoping that is plenty of time......

ExecuCarSedan is $76.00 for 4 people

Meet & Greet ExecuCarSedan is $83.00 for 4 people

Is the driver Holding a sign for you on the Meet & Greet??

What's the difference for the $7.00???

Is it Just Like It Sounds???? duh????

Thanks,

Donna

Hello Neighbor! Do you remember about what time you made it to LAX? I booked a 12:30 flight back, hoping that is plenty of time......

We were off the ship with no delays, because there were no Customs Agents. They must have taken the day off:)

We got to the airport by 10ish, since we were in no hurry for our 3:00 flight:(

Elaine:

Thanks for the info. Would you recommend not having a prepaid reservation when you get off the ship for the return to LAX? Would it be easy to simply pay cash at the pier?

Just going by my experience, for one person it is way cheaper to pay the $17 in the shuttle, than the $29 from the website, no matter what the discount.

Would I recommend just paying cash at the pier? Some people in this group don't want to carry the cash so they feel that the couple of bucks extra they pay is worth it. That's a personal choice.

I know myself, I was one of the first off the boat at approx 8:00 in San Pedro. There were no shuttles of any kind sitting around. They had to call for one.

I think the hassle of trying to make sure you get on the "right number" shuttle is more inconvenient than paying in cash.

Getting off the boat at 8:00, I think even with the short wait for the shuttles to show up, I was definitely at LAX about 8:45. I think I was through security on a Saturday morning at this time, I was at the gate by 9:15. Just an FYI for the person looking for time schedules!

The good thing about going back to the airport is that they fill the shuttles instantly, so there's no "fill wait" like there is at the airport going to the port.

We had no problem with SuperShuttle at all. They were great and got us right to/from the port and airport. Courteous and quick.

Elaine

I had cancelled my first booking because it charged me $29.00 for the first person and $9.00 for the second due to I typed in Crowne Plaza's address instead doing the search. I have since re-booked at $17.00 for each person.

I also tried to book the return from the pier to Lax by using the search engine for the hotel/landmark, the price also come up at $17.00 for each person but you have to select the pick up time which is at 15 min interval.

Dan, we had reservations with SS for our cruise out of San Pedro. When we got off the ship we just went over to the driver and told him we had a reservation and he looked us up and let us ride with him. We didn't have to wait until our specific time.

That particular day, there were always at least 2 SS vans lined up waiting for passengers up until we left.

Enjoy your cruise!

Will Super Shuttle pick up at a hotel near LAX and take you to the World Cruise Center? If not, is there another service that will? There will be four of us staying at the Hacienda in El Segundo over night, and need transportation the next day for our cruise.

Cheers,

I'm certain that they will. google supershuttle discounts, you will get several coupon codes. I used one that gave me 15% off. Then go to the supershuttle web site, it has a place where you can enter a hotel or address that you want to be picked up.

Will Super Shuttle pick up at a hotel near LAX and take you to the World Cruise Center? If not, is there another service that will? There will be four of us staying at the Hacienda in El Segundo over night, and need transportation the next day for our cruise.

Cheers,

I was having trouble doing this type of reservation online, so I called them for some help (they're very helpful and will walk you through it online so you can use your coupon). The price was higher to be picked up at a hotel instead of at LAX. A good amount higher, actually. We decided to take the free hotel shuttle back to LAX the morning of the cruise and pick up the shuttle there. It was somewhat of a hassle, but worth it in the long run.

It's worth it to call them though if you're unsure. Maybe they've changed their rates/policy or maybe you'll get an operator that will get you a better price (if that's possible). :)

Gumballz - when I try to type in San Pedro for the port, it gives me like 20 hotels in San Pedro and then Berth 91, 92, etc for the actual port itself I guess. Which one did you use? TIA Linda

That was one of the problems I was having. I had to call them and they had me type in the address to the World Cruise Center. I don't believe they had me type in any berth, but I may be incorrect about that. But, you could type in a berth and just tell the driver when you meet up with him what ship you're going to. The port is shaped somewhat like an L, so all the berths are right there together.

You could also check this site, and see if the berth is listed for your cruise: http://www.pcsterminals.com/CruiseCalendar.aspx

Archived