LAX Super Shuttle Discount Code

afcj1

Wow perfect! It shows Mariner to be in berth 91-92. So I will just type that in and hopefully it works. If not, I'll just call like you did. I definitely don't want to use the cruise ship transfers again. We did that one year and not only were they expensive, but because they wait for EVERY LAST PERSON to get on the bus, we BARELY made it for a 12:00 flight, and our transfer was supposed to leave at 9!

Here's some photos I took as we were leaving the port area. They aren't great...nor are they perfectly connected, but it'll give you a general idea of how the berths are set up.

The ships boarding at Berth 93 actually dock in the water you see to the right in the 3rd photo. The ships docking at Berth 91-92 will be horizontal to the walkway you see in the first two photos.

Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to describe. Basically I'm showing you that no matter what berth you sign up for with SS, you'll be fine. :)

sanpedro4.jpg

If you are coming in a day early for your cruise and just need the supershuttle to get to your motel, do you really need to pre-pay and reserve? Can't you just walk up and buy your ticket then and there for the $17pp and then tip? Seems easier and slightly cheaper. We will not be returning to LA so don't need a ride from the pier.

Pooh

Just going by my experience, for one person it is way cheaper to pay the $17 in the shuttle, than the $29 from the website, no matter what the discount.

Would I recommend just paying cash at the pier? Some people in this group don't want to carry the cash so they feel that the couple of bucks extra they pay is worth it. That's a personal choice.

I know myself, I was one of the first off the boat at approx 8:00 in San Pedro. There were no shuttles of any kind sitting around. They had to call for one.

I think the hassle of trying to make sure you get on the "right number" shuttle is more inconvenient than paying in cash.

Getting off the boat at 8:00, I think even with the short wait for the shuttles to show up, I was definitely at LAX about 8:45. I think I was through security on a Saturday morning at this time, I was at the gate by 9:15. Just an FYI for the person looking for time schedules!

The good thing about going back to the airport is that they fill the shuttles instantly, so there's no "fill wait" like there is at the airport going to the port.

We had no problem with SuperShuttle at all. They were great and got us right to/from the port and airport. Courteous and quick.

Elaine

Elaine, did you do the express disembarking program, or first color off? I booked my flight before noon, and am concerned about making it. But I see it can be done. I was hoping NOT to have to do the express disembark.

Thanks,

Suz

Thank you OP and others that posted here! You helped me put the final touches to our NCL Star cruise for next Saturday.

I used the code: UYR59 for SuperShuttle

Saved a total of $30

I booked each person one at a time and each segment (from/to airport) seperately so I was able to save $6.00 per person roundtrip.

($17.00 each way after prepaid tip and discount)

2 Questions:

Do you have to have your print out or confirmation number with you?

Is it very difficult to locate the SuperShuttle people at LAX?

SuperShuttle charges $17 per person from LAX to the San Pedro or Long Beach Cruise terminals. An exclusive van, up to 9 people will cost you $84 to San Pedro, $85 to Long Beach. You can pay cash to the driver (no reservations needed either to/from the airport), or go to the website and prepay using a cc. Use discount code Y6HZ4 to get 5% off on all SS reservations booked on the website with a credit card. You can also book from the hotels near LAX for $19 pp, or $85 exclusive, but that you have to do with the hotel's staff, usually a concierge, who gets a commission from SS for doing the booking.

When booking on the website, enter the code on the first page, then on the next page select LAX and click on hotel/landmarks; under hotel name, enter San Pedro (or Long Beach), and look for Berth 91 or 93 (it doesn't matter which one you choose. Just be sure to tell your driver what ship you're going to) or "Long Beach Harbor" (this one is a bit tricky to find; it's on the 2nd or 3rd page of hotel listings). Do not worry about exact arrival/departure times. Once you get your confirmation #, that # is good for the whole day, so even if your plane is 6 hours late, they will still have the # and you'll be OK. Returning is just as easy; they have a coordinator on-site until the last passenger is off the ship.

I was going to book the ExecuCarSedan for 4 women,

But I was wondering if all luggage would fit in the car.

You know probably 2 & 1 carryon per person?????

At least I don't travel with my 29 inch suitcases anymore

as they charge $39.00 - $50.00 per bag if they go over 62 inches

depending on what Airline I fly...

Maybe I better get a Van???

SuperShuttle charges $17 per person from LAX to the San Pedro or Long Beach Cruise terminals. An exclusive van, up to 9 people will cost you $84 to San Pedro, $85 to Long Beach. You can pay cash to the driver (no reservations needed either to/from the airport), or go to the website and prepay using a cc. Use discount code Y6HZ4 to get 5% off on all SS reservations booked on the website with a credit card. You can also book from the hotels near LAX for $19 pp, or $85 exclusive, but that you have to do with the hotel's staff, usually a concierge, who gets a commission from SS for doing the booking.

When booking on the website, enter the code on the first page, then on the next page select LAX and click on hotel/landmarks; under hotel name, enter San Pedro (or Long Beach), and look for Berth 91 or 93 (it doesn't matter which one you choose. Just be sure to tell your driver what ship you're going to) or "Long Beach Harbor" (this one is a bit tricky to find; it's on the 2nd or 3rd page of hotel listings). Do not worry about exact arrival/departure times. Once you get your confirmation #, that # is good for the whole day, so even if your plane is 6 hours late, they will still have the # and you'll be OK. Returning is just as easy; they have a coordinator on-site until the last passenger is off the ship.

I was able to get a price quote on the SS website for a ride from an LAX hotel to Pier 93 in San Pedro. The listed price was $42 for the first rider and $9 for each additional passenger. The $3 off UYR59 code didn't work since that code is just to/from certain airports, not airport hotels apparently. The 5% discount code Y6HZ4 did work, however.

Based on that quote and your info, I guess it'd be better to have the hotel concierge call for the ride at $19pp and pay less total money including a tip for the concierge.

If I did SS right from the airport hotel at $19pp, could we still be subject to circling the airport loop waiting for more passengers before leaving for the port or would we go directly to the port? If we had to still "circle", we could just take the hotel shuttle to the airport to get on SS for $14pp (with $3 discount)and save the $5pp on the fare with the hotel's van driver's tip being a wash for the concierge's tip. That would mean a bit more hassle, but it might be worth the $10 savings.

I was going to book the ExecuCarSedan for 4 women,

But I was wondering if all luggage would fit in the car.

You know probably 2 & 1 carryon per person?????

At least I don't travel with my 29 inch suitcases anymore

as they charge $39.00 - $50.00 per bag if they go over 62 inches

depending on what Airline I fly...

Maybe I better get a Van???

I tried to reserve a sedan for the four of us and our 5 bags. Nope, would not fit. They said my option was a private van for $80 one way. Or a shared van at the prices everyone has been talking about

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I called Super shuttle the other day and booked a shared ride from a LAX hotel to the San Pedro cruise center. It was $17.00 per person (there are 2 of us). You can tell them what time you want to be picked up and they they have a 15 minute window that they should arrive in (ie if you booked for 10:30 AM they may arrive anywhere between 10:30 and 10:45 but you have to be ready for 10:30). As I was booking from a hotel I had to pay by credit card (you can choose to have your tip paid at that time or pay the tip direct to the driver - which is my preference).

If I had booked it to pick us up at LAX itself I could have chosen to pay cash.

The information that was requested from me was what hotel to pick up, what time I wanted to be picked up and where I was going. They also wanted to know the ship name and time of departure. Sometimes it is so much simpler to speak to a person than book on-line :rolleyes:

I usually use Super Shuttle in California. You may find yourself waiting for a few minutes at the airport for other customers or circling the terminals so make sure you leave yourself enough time for that! Sometimes you find they just pick you up and other times the van is full.

They also want to know how many checked bags you have. I usually only have one and I know that is included but am not sure if they charge you for any extra and how much. Your carry on bag you used on the aircraft is free.

Hope that helps. Oh, should you be picked up from a hotel they will give you a number to call should the van not arrive within the designated 15 minute window. Sometimes you find you are being driven around a bit before you are dropped off as they may have passengers whose journey ends before yours.

A tip: Ensure you do a bathroom stop before going for the shuttle!!!!!!! I have always found that if I say I need to be someplace by a certain time they will tell you what time they are picking you up. At the airport you can always say you need to be at the cruise terminal by such and such a time and that may help get you there sooner and perhaps not have to wait around so much while they try to fill the van.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked Super Shuttle for next month for LAX to the Crowne Plaza, San Pedro and used the discount code UYR59. It does still work and saves you $3 on the booking, not person. However it did look after about half of the tip. I guess if you are travelling with 2 or more you could just make seperate reservations and save $3 per booking.;)

I was able to get a price quote on the SS website for a ride from an LAX hotel to Pier 93 in San Pedro. The listed price was $42 for the first rider and $9 for each additional passenger. The $3 off UYR59 code didn't work since that code is just to/from certain airports, not airport hotels apparently. The 5% discount code Y6HZ4 did work, however.

Based on that quote and your info, I guess it'd be better to have the hotel concierge call for the ride at $19pp and pay less total money including a tip for the concierge.

If I did SS right from the airport hotel at $19pp, could we still be subject to circling the airport loop waiting for more passengers before leaving for the port or would we go directly to the port? If we had to still "circle", we could just take the hotel shuttle to the airport to get on SS for $14pp (with $3 discount)and save the $5pp on the fare with the hotel's van driver's tip being a wash for the concierge's tip. That would mean a bit more hassle, but it might be worth the $10 savings.

I have a question we will be in Upland california for a few day want to know if they will pick up from their and take us to the ship?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ExecuCarSedan is $76.00 for 4 people

Meet & Greet ExecuCarSedan is $83.00 for 4 people

Those prices sound good.

Do you have a website link for ExecuCarSedan? I tried adding .com but that didn't work.

Thanks.

Archived