Cabin on CENTURY - can anybody help me choose?

TexasHorseLady

Hi everybody!

We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise this fall. We cruise and travel a lot...this is just our first time on Celebrity. We usually sail with Regent (Radisson). I have heard great things about Celebrity and I am really looking forward to this trip - it will be Barcelona to Barcelona.

We are getting a concierge cabin, because that just happens to be what our group has blocked for all of us. I like the sound of the Concierge cabins from what I have read...it sounds really nice.

But I want to pick my exact cabin for its high level view, choosing the best side of the ship for seeing sights from our balcony, and something near the center of the ship. Before I do my request I was wondering if anybody knows this: Are there any concierge cabins that are to be avoided (like maybe it's in a noisy place or view-obstructed location) or any that are special in a good way, or desirable for any special reason?

Any help would be appreciated!

I would choose one on the Vista Deck as the Penthourse deck is under the pool and buffet area. And the CC's are either forward or aft. All of them have the same size balconies so there is no "real goodie" to look for. Go vista deck, mid ship and you should be fine. We just came off the Century 14 day trans-atlantic and it is a beautiful ship.....Be sure and find the Aqua Spa Cafe for Lunch!! Really good!

Donna

I would choose one on the Vista Deck as the Penthourse deck is under the pool and buffet area. And the CC's are either forward or aft. All of them have the same size balconies so there is no "real goodie" to look for. Go vista deck, mid ship and you should be fine. We just came off the Century 14 day trans-atlantic and it is a beautiful ship.....Be sure and find the Aqua Spa Cafe for Lunch!! Really good!

Donna

Donna, thank you for the great info. That's good to know about the Penthouse deck being under the pool and buffet. THESE are the sort of things a person needs to consider! And I will definitely check out the Aqua Spa cafe, too. Is that the one that serves lighter healthier choices? If so, it will be right up my alley.

I have a dumb question, but I have to ask: You said all CC cabins are either forward or aft. But you said to get one mid-ship. How can I choose mid-ship if my options are forward or aft?

No... the CC cabins run all the way. We have a CC cabin on the Vista deck and we are mid ship... port side. A side that we prefer for most sailings. Definitely for the Med...

There are, however, a few CC cabins on the vista deck with larger balconies. I don't know them off the top of my head, and found out about them after I didn't have a chance to change. They are listed in the Celebrity brochure. I wish I would have kept it, I would tell you. They are close to the aft of the ship and there is one on each side... the outline on line doesn't show them like the brochure. Maybe someone on here can help you. BUT, they are almost double in size...

Have a great cruise!

No... the CC cabins run all the way. We have a CC cabin on the Vista deck and we are mid ship... port side. A side that we prefer for most sailings. Definitely for the Med...

There are, however, a few CC cabins on the vista deck with larger balconies. I don't know them off the top of my head, and found out about them after I didn't have a chance to change. They are listed in the Celebrity brochure. I wish I would have kept it, I would tell you. They are close to the aft of the ship and there is one on each side... the outline on line doesn't show them like the brochure. Maybe someone on here can help you. BUT, they are almost double in size...

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for that info! OK, port side, Vista deck sounds like what I want.

I don't have a Celebrity brochure but if anybody out there has one I would sure appreciate knowing exactly what cabins these are with the larger balconies so I can specify when I talk to someone with my request.

Since some of you know the Century maybe you could answer a question on the Sky Suites. I am booked into one that is on the Penthouse deck. The TA said that even though they are under the pool/buffet area they are quiet. Is she pulling my leg? ;)

Since I learned here that there are some Concierge Cabins better than others (thank you again for the info!) I have done a few web searches and have learned that some people call them 'secret cabins' because supposedly it's unpublished and sort of an insider secret. Except that it's all over the internet...so much for the secret, huh? B][/b]

I am surprised there is no big list on here of exactly which cabins are better on what ship...the exact cabin numbers...and why they are good. Or bad. Seems like something nice we could start for future cruisers, don't you think? The problem I am having is finding such info on CENTURY, but it sure is out there for other ships.[

As I compile info I will share it here, for the sake of others. But if somebody runs across something similar which might already exist...please let me know so it won't be a duplicate thread.

If your paying for a Sky Suite I would try to get one on deck 12. The deck 12 area is very quiet. I had heard they were extending the balcony on the deck 10 suites but prior to the major refit 2 years ago the deck 12 Sky Suites balcony was more than double the size.

Wildcat... Yes, that cabin your TA is telling you about is one of the best if it is on the Penthouse deck... I wouldn't worry about too much noise, as these are the preferred cabins of SOOOO many on here. Check the Celebrity site to make sure of your balcony. There are some on the 12th deck that do not have the best balcony... so if there is a choice, pick the best one on deck 12.

Yes, there are the secret CC cabins and I can't find them on the Celebrity site either, but they are in fact listed in their new brochure. I saw them :D I am just disappointed that I didn't bring the brochures home. I think I started packing up and decided I didn't need them in my luggage. Now I am sad, because this was the only place that I have seen them in print. I know they are on the Vista deck and towards the aft... there is a place where the ship juts out just a little before the very back... they get this added triangular addition...

Hi

I saw this tread and needed your help. I'm booked on the Century for Nov. and now after reading what everyone is saying I may need to change my room. I currently have 1148 on the aft Penthouse, can someone please give me one of the secret room numbers so I can see if it is available? Unless someone has some good info on the room I'm staying in.

Please help.

Dorene

Wildcat... Yes, that cabin your TA is telling you about is one of the best if it is on the Penthouse deck... I wouldn't worry about too much noise, as these are the preferred cabins of SOOOO many on here. Check the Celebrity site to make sure of your balcony. There are some on the 12th deck that do not have the best balcony... so if there is a choice, pick the best one on deck 12.

Yes, there are the secret CC cabins and I can't find them on the Celebrity site either, but they are in fact listed in their new brochure. I saw them :D I am just disappointed that I didn't bring the brochures home. I think I started packing up and decided I didn't need them in my luggage. Now I am sad, because this was the only place that I have seen them in print. I know they are on the Vista deck and towards the aft... there is a place where the ship juts out just a little before the very back... they get this added triangular addition...

Thanks Hylasgirl. We are specifically in cabin 1067 which looks like it would be under the ladies restroom at the buffet. Since I can have problems with motion I wasn't to sure about being in a Sky Suite up on top.

Barb

The two sky suites on deck 12 that do not have super large balconies are 1200 and 1201. Their balconies are the same size as on penthouse deck.

Come on, someone, tell us the secret larger balconies in CC.

On Century, there are 2 CC cabins with larger balconies: 9230 and 9243. Similarly, there are also 2 2A veranda cabins with the same larger balconies: 8220 and 8229.

These balconies are the ones at the end nearest the ship's stern on the vista and panorama decks. The end balconies on the penthouse deck are not similarly larger---the extra "triangle" is blocked by the balcony divider and not accessible.

2755739890047479972S200x200Q85.jpg

2755739890047479972oQCNWi

There is a photo of 9230's balcony here: http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

On Century, there are 2 CC cabins with larger balconies: 9230 and 9243. Similarly, there are also 2 2A veranda cabins with the same larger balconies: 8220 and 8229.

These balconies are the ones at the end nearest the ship's stern on the vista and panorama decks. The end balconies on the penthouse deck are not similarly larger---the extra "triangle" is blocked by the balcony divider and not accessible.

2755739890047479972S200x200Q85.jpg

2755739890047479972oQCNWi

There is a photo of 9230's balcony here: http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Thanks for the link. Those are some great photos. So I take it that the Sky Suites balconies on the Penthouse deck are smaller than the ones on the upper deck. But on it looks like on those someone could stand above you. Knowing some of the friends I will be traveling with that would not be a good option.:D

Barb

Eurobikefan -

Thanks for the great info and links. I am looking at a possible Med cruise on Celebrity in 2009 - heavy on ports so I'm not even sure if springing for a balcony is worth it - but I do love them!

Archived