Short time questions in Sitka

Misha

We will be doing a 4 hour boat tour with Captain Davey and the Esther G leaving us with approximately only an hour and a half before or after to see anything else in Sitka. Anyone have suggestions as to what we shouldn't miss and can do in that time frame? I doubt there would be time to go to the Raptor Center or use the shuttle. What would be the time frame to walk out to the cemetary and falls or walk the Historical Park Trail or Totem Park? Of course, we can just take a leisurely stroll through town. I'm just looking to see if there are other options if we feel up to it. Thanks

We will be doing a 4 hour boat tour with Captain Davey and the Esther G leaving us with approximately only an hour and a half before or after to see anything else in Sitka. Anyone have suggestions as to what we shouldn't miss and can do in that time frame? I doubt there would be time to go to the Raptor Center or use the shuttle. What would be the time frame to walk out to the cemetary and falls or walk the Historical Park Trail or Totem Park? Of course, we can just take a leisurely stroll through town. I'm just looking to see if there are other options if we feel up to it. Thanks

I've done a tour with Cap'n Davey in Sitka on one of my Alaska cruises. He is a wonderful source of information. Why don't you ask him for some suggestions? He knows everything and everyone!!:) My family and I had time for lunch and a stroll through town after our morning tour with him. You should be able to walk through at least some of the Sitka National Historical Park after your excursion on the Esther G, and the totem poles are close to the entrance. It's not far to the park from the Harbor where the Esther G is docked. Sitka is a small town on a small scale. Wish I were there!:)

This is a tender port, so you may not have the time you think. If you have no mobility limitations, then at the time, I would consider either the Raptor Center or Sitka Historical National Park. Add 15 minutes of walking time, for your return.

Archived