Embassy Suites-?construction

Macwoman

I was thinking of cancelling where we are staying and booking closer to the port. I saw on the Embassy Suites websites something about construction in the hotel. Are there any problems for those who have stayed there???

We are staying in Boca Raton at a Marriot Renascence( ?sp_) hotel and may switch.

Our other choice is to splurge and stay at the Lago mar!!! But I am trying to be smart and not spend so much money...........

Macwoman

according to at least 1 reivew on trip advisor they are done....(and as they were STARTING it around this time last year, i would hope it's done!)

It is in a great area...lots of shops, restaurants, etc....also you can hop on the sun trolley thurs-sun for 50 cents PP per trip.

www.suntrolley.com

(i assume youmean the ES in Ft Lauderdale on 17th right??)

On the Embassy Suite website it says from May 12th of 08 till the end of Aug of 08. I would like to book there, but are skittish with construction!! Who knows if or when the water might go out!!!

Barbara

I think they have been renovating every since Hurricane Jeanne damaged the hotel, back in Sept. 2004!!!

We have stayed several times since then through all of the various stages of renovations.

We just stayed again May 9, 2008 and May 17, 2008. I have to honestly say, this was our best stay throughout all of there lengthy renovations.

What they are renovating now is in the back of the hotel which is also along the back side of the pool area. On the 9th we got in late enough that we did not use the pool. On the 17th we did spend the afternoon at the pool. There was some loud construct noises from the area they are working on while we were at the pool (yes, even on a Saturday!!) The bartender said they were working on the restaurant and offices and should be completed by September.

If we had not been out at the pool we would have never known they were still renovating. Oh, except they did have signs in the elevator saying they were renovating the restaurant. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived