Princess crew members on excursions

raysig

Call me a cynic but..

If the Op was so concerned about his wife, why did he let her wander off by herself????

Oh Ethel. When I was married, I used to encourage that........

But she always came back.............

I sat next to a crew member who was taking an excursion with us. I asked her about it (I recognized her as one of the dancers) and she said they were allowed to go on excursions that weren't filled if they had the day off and no other duties to attend to. She said it didn't happen often. It was nice to have her with us since I was the third person in a group and didn't have a partner. She turned out to be quite knowledgeable and fun to talk with.

I sat next to a crew member who was taking an excursion with us. I asked her about it (I recognized her as one of the dancers) and she said they were allowed to go on excursions that weren't filled if they had the day off and no other duties to attend to. She said it didn't happen often. It was nice to have her with us since I was the third person in a group and didn't have a partner. She turned out to be quite knowledgeable and fun to talk with.

We've had several cruises where there were often crew members on the excursions. The most recognizable ones are the singers and dancers, but crew are frequently enjoying themselves and the opportunity to see and do things off the ship.

The most memorable was one in Panama, when they first starting offering shore excursions. We got to see the Sun Princess go through the locks and sail off into the Caribbean (without us ! :eek: ). Then we went to the shopping port on the NE coast. When the bus was ready to depart for the pier, a message came through from the Captain "the ship has been delayed - go do some more shopping" - to which the dancers said brightly and gayly: "The Captain says shop, so we will SHOP!"

Archived