Gem questions?

section543

There don't seem to be many threads on the Gem. I am going on 6/8 and was wondering if many of the tips for items to pack are still necessary on the Gem since it is a new ship.

Power strip?

Organizer?

alarm clock?

Thanks

There don't seem to be many threads on the Gem. I am going on 6/8 and was wondering if many of the tips for items to pack are still necessary on the Gem since it is a new ship.

Power strip?

Organizer?

alarm clock?

Thanks

You are going to love the Gem you can read my review below:)

You can bring those things if you would like.

What type of cabin will you be in?

You are going to love the Gem you can read my review below:)

You can bring those things if you would like.

What type of cabin will you be in?

My wife and I will be on 10 (balcony), our kids are across the hall in an inside cabin. We are leaving from Barcelona and visiting Italy and France.

Sounds like ports are different but the ship is great!

My wife and I will be on 10 (balcony), our kids are across the hall in an inside cabin. We are leaving from Barcelona and visiting Italy and France.

Sounds like ports are different but the ship is great!

Um I think your ports are a little more exciting and I'm jealous LOL

Here is a link I saved in my favorites I hope it helps for any last minute packing some great ideas on what to bring.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and welcome to the boards:)

I was on the Gem in March and loved it. After studying all the suggested stuff to bring, I found I didn't need any of it. I took a power strip, but didn't need it as the only thing I had to plug in was a blow dryer. Think about what you have to plug in when deciding whether or not to bring the power strip. Post-it notes were handy. A highlighter for the daily program of activities was also uselful. The one thing that would have been REALLY nice was a walky-talky. I haven't seen anyone suggest it, so I don't know if they would work on board. I nearly walked myself to death trying to meet up with my party for mealtime, etc.

Enjoy your cruise. I loved the Gem. Do NOT miss the comedien, Ross Bennett.

Power strip?

Organizer?

alarm clock?

Thanks

Just walked off the Gem this morning. What an amazing trip! I'll post a review later. Regarding what to bring...

Throw some tissue in your bag before you go to shore in Europe. Toilet paper is scarce in the public rest rooms!

The room did not have an alarm clock but we were able to program the phone for a wake up call.

Plenty of storage space in the owners suite. Not sure about the other rooms since this was our first cruise on NCL.

Blow dryer was okay but I still missed mine from home. Shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc were very nice - all elemis products. No need to bring your own.

Can't remember anything else - I'm so jet lagged! I need some sleep!

Um I think your ports are a little more exciting and I'm jealous LOL

Here is a link I saved in my favorites I hope it helps for any last minute packing some great ideas on what to bring.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and welcome to the boards:)

I forgot to post the links here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=698424

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415446

We're on the Gem June 8th also, Deck 10, courtyard. I have thick hair and is the hair dryer on board going to be good enough or should I bring my own. If I do, will I need a converter. Thanks..

We're on the Gem June 8th also, Deck 10, courtyard. I have thick hair and is the hair dryer on board going to be good enough or should I bring my own. If I do, will I need a converter. Thanks..

The Courtyard Villas are on deck 14 not sure if thats where you are if so I was on the Gem in a CYV and I too have thick Curly hair and the hair dryer was great!

We stayed at Petit Palace Opera Garden Hotel post cruise and thought we should recharge the camera..no 110V plug that we could find in the room. SO if you stay at an "old hotel" ask ahead if you will need to charge or plug something in..

connie

Archived