Delaware Cruisers

Are there any other Delaware cruisers out there?

What port do you like to sail from?

Have you ever sailed out of Baltimore? (That's my favorite) (so far, I've only done 2 cruises)

Would love to hear from others from Delaware.

Grandeur of the Seas-September 4, 2004
Galaxy-June 7, 2002
Fascination-March 17, 2001

Hi. I'll be the first so you'll know you're not the only First State cruiser out there.I left "slower Lower" Lewes many years ago (After living in Wilmington and Georgetown for a while.)Now I live in Florida close to so many ports my opinion wouldn't be fair. (Still fly into Baltimore though!)
If you go to the Rehoboth Outlets you might talk to Bonnie, The General Manager. She is a cruiser whenever she can get away. Enjoy your cruises where ever you cruise from!.

Another native Delawarean here! I was born and raised in Seaford and Married a fella from Laurel. We have since lived in San Antonio, Texas; Little Rock, Arkansas; Wilmington, Delaware; Newark, Delaware; Houston, Texas; and back to Newark, Delaware at the present. Our next move will be to Florida (probably Tampa/Clearwater area) but that's not for another 10 years. As you can see by my signature, I am an active cruiser! I have not sailed out of Baltimore yet. I usually sail out of New York or Florida. I did sail out of Norfolk, Virginia once. That wasn't too bad. Where in Wilmington do you live SeaUThere? I live in the Hockessin area now. We lived in North Wilmington off of Foulk Road back in the early 80's. It's fun to find other people from Delaware on the boards! Thanks for posting!

Bonnie Voyager...a.k.a. "Bon Voyage"

“Enjoy whatever cruise you choose....just be sure and choose to cruise”

Inspiration 9/99
Triumph 6/00
Victory 8/00
Victory 6/01
Regal Empress 7/01
Explorer 4/02
Triumph 6/02
Carnival Legend 10/02
Norwegian Dawn 12/02
Disney Wonder 3/03
Pride 7/03
Explorer 4/04
Victory 6/04
Voyager 7/04
Carnival Legend 10/04
...and more in the works :-)

Born, raised and still live in Delaware! Home of tax free shopping. Never been out of Baltimore, but Sunday will only be our second cruise. AOS here we come!

[url="http://home.comcast.net/~bs13"]4/11/04 AOS website[/url]

8/03 Our first Cruise on the Paradise!
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=7583007667"]4/11/04 Adventure of the Seas. Roll Call[/url]

It's great to see other cruisers from Delaware! Thanks for responding!

You really need to try sailing out of the port of Baltimore. It was less then an hour drive from Wilmington (Prices Corner area, Bonnie)

The port is so convienient and they have a secure parking area. Now we look for cruises out of this port before we look anywhere else. Whats great is you can sail out of Baltimore on a 9-10 day cruise for less then you can sail out of Florida. (Mainly because there is no airfare) After taking my first 10 day cruise in 2002, I don't want to go back to a 7 day. It really spoils you!

Crusguy, I'll have to look up your friend when I head to the Rehoboth outlets in May. Where can I find her? (You know how many outlets are down there, right?)

Billy, What area of Delaware are you from? I was born and raised in Newark, but now live in Wilmington.

Grandeur of the Seas-September 4, 2004
Galaxy-June 7, 2002
Fascination-March 17, 2001

I noticed in Billy's registration that he is from Bear. My Daughter use to live in Bear. She just moved outside of Elkton though (just over the Delaware/Maryland line off of Old Baltimore Pike). I'm headed to Price's Corner today! I've got some last minute shopping to do before I leave for my next cruise on Friday!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!! I did have a cruise booked out of Baltimore in June, but it got cancelled! I rebooked on a different ship that now sails out of Bayonne, NJ in July.

Inspiration 9/99
Triumph 6/00
Victory 8/00
Victory 6/01
Regal Empress 7/01
Explorer 4/02
Triumph 6/02
Carnival Legend 10/02
Norwegian Dawn 12/02
Disney Wonder 3/03
Pride 7/03
Explorer 4/04
Victory 6/04
Voyager 7/04
Carnival Legend 10/04

Sailed from Norfolk and Baltimore - ports are
secure and friendly - easy drive from Delaware -
passengers were relatively local - that added
to more pleasure - would sail from either port
in a heartbeat - just can't find the right
destination - sailing from San Juan in 17 days -
it won't be the same! Rehoboth Beach since '82

Another Delaware native reporting in. Born in Wilmington, raised in Hockessin, currently exiled in Atlanta.

Since I'm down south I usually sail out of Miami, but I did take the Galaxy out of Baltimore last May.

Tim and Joann
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Caribbean Princess

Add me to the list of transplanted Delaware natives. I was born and raised in Delmar, spent 4 years in Newark at the University and now live in Northern Virginia. We have sailed out of Baltimore once on Galaxy-it is really convenient for us. Just returned from Radiance sailing the Eastern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale.

I graduated from U of D many years ago [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Inspiration 9/99
Triumph 6/00
Victory 8/00
Victory 6/01
Regal Empress 7/01
Explorer 4/02
Triumph 6/02
Carnival Legend 10/02
Norwegian Dawn 12/02
Disney Wonder 3/03
Pride 7/03
Explorer 4/04
Victory 6/04
Voyager 7/04
Carnival Legend 10/04

Yeah Gal, I know there are 3 outlets there and I know they have new owners. They are now Tanger
Outlet Center Bayside, Midway and Seaside.

Bonnie manages all three from the main office at
what I guess is Seaside. (On the left going into
rehoboth.)But she wont be there next week. She'll be on the Navigator!

I may have moved away, but I have plenty of family still there and return as often as I can!
I've got family in Hockessin, Newark, and New Castle

Tim and Joann
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Caribbean Princess

Hi, Another Delaware resident from Hockessin.

We have sailed from several ports, but never one in the Northeast. Don't know why it just has not worked out.

Noticed you are going on Granduer in September, it is a wonderful ship. Hope you have a great time.

Jag

Xpedition,galapagos,March05
Granduer of the Seas-New years,Western Carrib,Dec03
Constellation-Baltics,july03
Century-Easter,Western Carrib,April02
Volendam-4 of July,Alaska,July01

Archived