Any reviews on Radiance of Seas to Hawaii

basilh

This isn't really current, but my husband and I took the Radiance in Oct '02 from Vancouver to Hawaii. We've taken about 15 cruises and this one was hands down the best. We loved everything about the ship. I loved the 5 days at sea. Then we loved the 6 days through the islands.

Just got back from the Hawaii cruise.

It was fantasic. Smooth sailing and great weather. The ship is awesome. It's a very classic looking ship. Lots of wood, brass, marble.

The elevators looking out onto the ocean are great.

We had a inside cabin and it was by far one of the biggest we have ever had. It had lots of room and never did we feel claustiphobic. Had a small fridge and safe in the room. We had the room steward take all the stuff out of the fridge so we could but our stuff in it.

The food in the dining room was great. I did tire of the windjammer as it's the same everyday.

We loved the Seaview Cafe. They had the best onion rings, clam chowder soup in a bread bowl.

I ordered room service every morning and it was always there promptly.

The entertainment was ok. We're used to Princess's big broadway production shows.

Over all it was a great cruise. We just fell in love with the ship. The staff are so happy and accommodating.

Would definately reccomend it to anyone.

It's one that we'll be looking at in the future.

feel free to ask me any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...

We also cruised on the Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii on September 25th. Absolutely perfect. Beautiful ship and devoted and attentive staff who did everything to make us feel welcome. Very smooth, calm crossing with great weather. We were able to sit by the pool and tan on our first full day out.

Captain Kent is a joy - don't miss his welcome party - you will enjoy his great singing voice.

Food overall was good - a big improvement over our Christmas cruise on the Brilliance. Drink prices were a little steep - dh doesn't drink and no savings not having alcohol in his tropical drinks by the pool.

Tendering was slow in Lahaina, especially on our second day when the Serenade was also in port. This was the only negative aspect of our cruise.

Took advantage of "Thermal Suite" package on the ship. Heated lounge chairs in the spa, and also awesome steam room. Both have floor to ceiling windows, so you can sit back and relax while enjoying beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

Had a D1 balcony cabin, good layout and lots of room for all of our stuff. These rooms are quite a bit bigger (wider) than E1 staterooms. In E1 you only have a SMALL (almost chair size) love seat, while D1 gives you a full couch.

Don't miss clam chowder and onion rings in the Seaview Cafe - worth the extra calories.

We rented a car in Lahaina, Hilo and Kauai - considerably cheaper than doing shore excursions. Just got maps off the internet and had no problem finding our way around. Both love beaches and snorkelling, and found lots of great beaches and snorkelling sites.

Any other questions, just ask.

Previously cruised Hawaii twice - on NCL Star (no comparison to RCCL) and RCCL Legend of the Seas: Hawaii to New Zealand which was a trip of a lifetime. This past cruise was probably our most favourite, due largely in part to the wonderful service on the Radiance and meeting great new friends through Cruisecritic. It made a world of difference.

Enjoy the islands - they really are paradise on earth.

Archived