Ordering liquor in room question

magandanae

:confused: Okay, now I am confused. I called today - Bon Voyage Dept to order liquor to be in our cabin when we arrived, as we have done on all previous cruises (not Carnival). Was told - Carnival policy - no bottles of liquor can be delivered to cabins. Wine and champagne - yes. You can also bring on board 1 bottle wine or champagne per adult. Cabins have a stocked mini bar if you so choose. I then called a supervisor and he reiterated the same.

I called the Bon Voyage dept. last Friday to inquire about ordering a bottle of Scotch for dh as a surprise and they had about 9 different scotches and gave me all the prices. They were for full bottles to be in the room when we arrived. I didn't end up getting a bottle because they only had crappy scotch choices, but they definitely DO have bottles of hard liquor available.

I should also add that I know many people that order a bottle of Rum on board to mix their own rum punch and coke and rums.

:confused: Okay, now I am confused. I called today - Bon Voyage Dept to order liquor to be in our cabin when we arrived, as we have done on all previous cruises (not Carnival). Was told - Carnival policy - no bottles of liquor can be delivered to cabins. Wine and champagne - yes. You can also bring on board 1 bottle wine or champagne per adult. Cabins have a stocked mini bar if you so choose. I then called a supervisor and he reiterated the same.

You need to call again and get a different person, many of the employees there don't know what they're talking about.

so can you tell us how much Carnival charged to do this through Room Service ?

Just wondering if Bon Voyage bottles are cheaper than the room service bottles ...or if they are about the same ...or more?

Sorry - I can't really remember - I do remember that the prices were fairly reasonable (considering it was Room Service !)

Tax plus there is that pesky gratuity charge!

It's still LESS than buying by the glass and way easier than smuggling.

1 litre Absolute was $45 and Grey Goose was $52.

That is only $10 more per bottle than we pay retail here in Ohio.

I don't mind paying a premium for the bottle and mixing my own.

It's the rediculous bar prices for light pours that kill me.

Despite tipping bartenders well, we never found a "friendly" pour on our cruise.

"Mrs. Robinson" did two cruises ago. Her friendly bartender was very generous with tequila shots in a highball glass!

Just ordered Gin (Tanqueray $45) and some beer for the room. I did not talk to Vivian, the person who answered was very helpful. It only took a few minutes. Also for anybody interested the bottle of Bombay Sapphire was $57, I believe. (I don't remember exactly).

Kim

So do you recall the beer price from concierge?

Off ship we ordered the local beers for $1.50 - $2.

Then someone reminded me you might be able to get those onboard too.

Didn't try though - seemed like most at bar prices on ship were 4 beers for $20 plus gratiuty.

Almost anything has to be better than that!

I ordered the Gin, 6 pack Miller Lite, and a bottle of tonic for a total cost of $75. The gin I know was $45 and the tonic was about $2, so figuring tax and their charges I would say that the beer was about $3.50-$4 each, but I am not for sure, sorry.

Kim

I had ordered a bottle of Barcardi rum for our cabin before our recent cruise. It was delivered the first day and was nicely chilled. It was also the wrong kind and we had to take it to dinner with us and get the Dinning room hostess to exchange it. It was delivered again the next day and this time it was correct. Would I do it again, maybe not for the 40.00 that charged for a 15.00 bottle of rum but DH enjoyed it anyway.

Archived