Please explain to me why so many threads on who the CD is on various ships?

By the way, does anyone know who the current CD is on the Liberty?:D

Based on a blog entry John did a few months back, it is Steve Knisley until Karl Bird (Karl with a "K") takes over on 6/21.

Hi bmaynard!

I am really hoping Karl with a K is still onboard for our cruise at the end of July. We had him on our Halloween sailing and he was fantastic. Very personable and funny guy - you can tell he loves his job. After my DH was called up onstage for the welcome aboard show - he remembered us and called us by name the rest of the week which I thought was impressive considering the thousands of people he is dealing with.

I also always wondered what the big deal was over CDs until we sailed with Karl - he really made our cruise that much better. We also sailed with Chris Roberts and the infamous Malcolm but never really saw much of either of them. Karl was everywhere - onstage, at various events, chatting with people. I know he is the fill-in while the regular Liberty CD is on vacation but not sure how long he's onboard if he comes in on 6/21.

I could also care less about CD. And, for those that hate the long winded announcements. Look for "Big Tex" as your CD, he hardly says anything and is seldom around. Can' even remember hearing him in the morning or any other time of the day.

A CD does not/will not make or break our cruise. Though, I must say, I have heard so much about John Heald - I hope I bump into him someday. We have "missed" him by 1-2 weeks on each of our Freedom and Liberty cruises!

I could not even tell you the name of any of the CD's for my past cruises. I try to avoid them as much as possible since their voices are always blaring over the loud speakers. I find them horribly annoying, they all tell the same jokes and stories on every cruise. It gets tiresome.

Judy

Funny cruisers are soooo different. Probably the only hobby I can think of where some folks have nothing in common.

I don't care so much about the CD but more about the entertainment staff. So if a good CD has good staff, I'm impressed.

We are not lounge in the sun folk or sit in the lounge folk. We love the shows, love the cheesy games, love the horse racing, slot tournments,etc. A chair hog would never phase me, nor would kids in the pools or hot tubs.

I can't remember too many of our CDs. If Malcom in the middle is a very tall thin young man I think he was the asst CD and we enjoyed him. We cruised with John Heald. I enjoyed him my DH loved him. His entertainment staff was excellent and I would add cruising with him to one of my considerations when choosing a cruise.

Hi bmaynard!

I am really hoping Karl with a K is still onboard for our cruise at the end of July. We had him on our Halloween sailing and he was fantastic. Very personable and funny guy - you can tell he loves his job. After my DH was called up onstage for the welcome aboard show - he remembered us and called us by name the rest of the week which I thought was impressive considering the thousands of people he is dealing with.

I also always wondered what the big deal was over CDs until we sailed with Karl - he really made our cruise that much better.

Hello vacruizer!!!

Only 59 days, I'm glad to hear Karl with a K is a good time. A good CD really does enhance the cruise experience, at least for some of us.

See Ya onboard.:D

Archived