LIVE from RADIANCE in JUNEAU

GMoney

Well, as others have posted, the weather continues to be stellar. Sunny and 74 here in Juneau today. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Seas were a bit bumpy last night, but no big deal.

Went whale wtahcing with Harv and Marv (specifically Harv) this am. Tour is very good. 4 full hours. Saw some humpback tails and find, some sea lions, and that's about it. One humpback was breaching but it was over by the time we got close enough to see. The ride alone was worth it though.

Went to go up Mt Roberts tram this afternoon, but no hiking is allowed at the top due to record snowfall. I was very disappointed, as I was really looking forward to a hike. Thought about going up and checking it out for myself, but decided to save the time and $. I'm worried this theme may repeat itself in Skagway (Upper Dewey) and Seward (Harding Icefield). Oh well - always have a plan B!

4 other ships in port - 2 HAL and 1 Princess. Fortunately, we were the first in and got a great parking spot.

Off to the pool to work on my tan lol...:eek: :D

Went to go up Mt Roberts tram this afternoon, but no hiking is allowed at the top due to record snowfall. I was very disappointed, as I was really looking forward to a hike. Thought about going up and checking it out for myself, but decided to save the time and $. I'm worried this theme may repeat itself in Skagway (Upper Dewey) and Seward (Harding Icefield). Oh well - always have a plan B!

GMoney,

So this is news I did not thing about Mt Roberts snow. So do I assume you

were allowed to only go to the viewing point?

So how bad is the snow up there? We will be there in 3 weeks and were

planning on hiking up on Mt Roberts.

Sittin at home..enjoying a cold beverage looking at the Radiance and those other boats. Went for a walk at the docks today and was jealous of all you on the Radiance...I love that ship...perfect ship...perfect weather...you're a lucky man my friend! You musta missed out on the Orcas..heard a bunch passed through today...I get to go out tomorrow and look around!

Well, as others have posted, the weather continues to be stellar. Sunny and 74 here in Juneau today. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Seas were a bit bumpy last night, but no big deal.

Went whale wtahcing with Harv and Marv (specifically Harv) this am. Tour is very good. 4 full hours. Saw some humpback tails and find, some sea lions, and that's about it. One humpback was breaching but it was over by the time we got close enough to see. The ride alone was worth it though.

4 other ships in port - 2 HAL and 1 Princess. Fortunately, we were the first in and got a great parking spot.

Off to the pool to work on my tan lol...:eek: :D

If you get a chance to post again, just wondering how was (if you've seen it yet) the Hubbard Glacier? Could you get in close?

Thanks!

Archived