anything special for honeymooning couples?

My honeymoon cruise is a month away - will Royal Caribbean do anything special? I logged into "My Cruises" and noticed that my TA did code it as a honeymoon cruise. I am going to order a romance package as a surprise for my soon-to-be husband, but first I wanted to check and see if we could anticipate any "freebies." :D I'm sure its not much, if anything, as several couples on every sailing are probably honeymooning...but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

No freebies. If you want anything special, you pay for it.

I thought I once read that if you mention you are on your honeymoon when you make your specialty restarurant reservation, they will (or may) have a special cake for you at dessert without having to pay the $15 or whatever the cakes cost. Can anyone who actually knows please confirm or deny this?

I'm not sure about that but I do know that on most cruises I have been on they had a party for the honeymooners. It probably depends on how many they have. On one cruise they had several several and at the party they had cake and drinks I think.

Almost everyone onboard is having either a birthday, graduation, anniversary or honeymoon. If you want something special (more special than the cruise itself!) then you must order it and pay for it!

I'm not sure about that but I do know that on most cruises I have been on they had a party for the honeymooners. It probably depends on how many they have. On one cruise they had several several and at the party they had cake and drinks I think.

That sounds pretty cool :D

We honeymooned on the Brilliance, and there was a special "Honeymooners Party" it was nice with free drinks and cake. We really enjoyed meeting the other couples and running into them onboard. I am not sure, but I think we got a special invite in our cabin. Either that or it was listed in the compass.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

When we were on the Radiance in November for our Honeymoon cruise there was a special party for all the honeymooners. We got an invitation in our cabin sometime towards the beginning of the cruise. (I can't remember when exactly) They had a cake and other snacks and also champagne. They had some drawings for prizes. (mostly RCCL logo stuff) (you were given a ticket when you entered)

It was neat to see all the other couples (at least the ones that left their room to come to the party :p ) celebrating their honeymoon on the cruise.

We booked a GS so the conceirge just emailed us and I asked him about honeymooners. He said they have a Honeymooners party on Monday night and a gameshow that is fun to watch and/or participate in. We are sailing on 6/1 on the FOS. Hope this helps!!!

My honeymoon cruise is a month away - will Royal Caribbean do anything special? I logged into "My Cruises" and noticed that my TA did code it as a honeymoon cruise. I am going to order a romance package as a surprise for my soon-to-be husband, but first I wanted to check and see if we could anticipate any "freebies." :D I'm sure its not much, if anything, as several couples on every sailing are probably honeymooning...but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

We had our honeymoon cruise last October onboard Mariner. We purchased a package that gave us a sign on the door and some decorations inside the stateroom. RCI also provided a newlywed gathering in one of the "clubs" onboard and gave free cake and champaigne along with a raffle and music and dancing. There were around 50 newlywed couples on our cruise.

It was all very nice and we had a great time.. Can't wait to go on our 1st anniversary cruise onboard Mariner.. Only about 4 months to go!

Archived