Have questions about Royal Suite on the Constellation

Swtgypsy

Hi,

My DM and I are cruising on the Constellation in Jan 09. We are spoiling ourselves with a royal suite. Now I have some questions:

1) With the RS we get a Butler & Concierge service. Do we go through either one of them to make spa treatments, specialty dining reservations & dining preference (table for 2 or 4 etc.).

2) If we do will I miss out on the better times for spa treatments etc. since other passengers will be going directly to the spa or dining room when they board the ship?

3) Are there any other perks we should take advantage of having the RS? This will probably be the first and last time we will ever get to experience this luxury :)

4) Does the suite have any type of iPod port or do I need to bring my own?

5) Can I bring my own DVD movies (do they have a player)?

6) When we are at port and have private tours set up do those with ship excursions get priority disembarking? Or once the ship is cleared can we just get off?

7) When the cruise is done (sad to even think of that now :( ) can we stay in our cabin longer? We don’t have a flight until 3pm out of Miami so we are not in a hurry.

8) We are getting a car service to take us from the port (in Ft. Lauderdale) to Miami airport, how do we know what time to have them pick us up? Since the ship needs to clear customs etc?

Anything else anyone wants to offer about cruising the Constellation please let me know. We are so excited and I want to soak up as much information as possible!!! We will be on the 11 day Ultimate Caribbean Cruise. The only port I am having problems figuring out what to do is on Grand Cayman. My DM and I will not be doing anything water related due to medical issues.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer! :D

Tanja

I'll try and answer some of your questions. We have stayed in a RS on Constellation.

1.) Yes, your butler can handle spa appointments and specialty dining reservations for you

2.) Not necessarily. Sometimes the butlers get to pull a few strings .... :D

3.) Enjoy a nice breakfast in the room served by your butler... a great way to start the day!

4.) No iPod hook ups that I know of

5.) Yes you can bring y our own movies, and they do have a DVD player.

6.) Ship excursions, suite pax, and certain captain's club members get priority disembarkation.

7.) You can usually linger longer in the suite, but there will also be a lounge set up for suite pax (I believe it is in the specialty rest.).

8.) Tell them 9am. make sure they will wait (doubt it will be much later). If you haven't picked a service yet, check with 'Jewel Limo' .

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise!.

Hi,

My DM and I are cruising on the Constellation in Jan 09. We are spoiling ourselves with a royal suite. Now I have some questions:

1) With the RS we get a Butler & Concierge service. Do we go through either one of them to make spa treatments, specialty dining reservations & dining preference (table for 2 or 4 etc.).

2) If we do will I miss out on the better times for spa treatments etc. since other passengers will be going directly to the spa or dining room when they board the ship?

3) Are there any other perks we should take advantage of having the RS? This will probably be the first and last time we will ever get to experience this luxury :)

4) Does the suite have any type of iPod port or do I need to bring my own?

5) Can I bring my own DVD movies (do they have a player)?

6) When we are at port and have private tours set up do those with ship excursions get priority disembarking? Or once the ship is cleared can we just get off?

7) When the cruise is done (sad to even think of that now :( ) can we stay in our cabin longer? We don’t have a flight until 3pm out of Miami so we are not in a hurry.

8) We are getting a car service to take us from the port (in Ft. Lauderdale) to Miami airport, how do we know what time to have them pick us up? Since the ship needs to clear customs etc?

Anything else anyone wants to offer about cruising the Constellation please let me know. We are so excited and I want to soak up as much information as possible!!! We will be on the 11 day Ultimate Caribbean Cruise. The only port I am having problems figuring out what to do is on Grand Cayman. My DM and I will not be doing anything water related due to medical issues.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer! :D

Tanja

We were on Infinity in RS last summer so most answers should hold true.

1. Butler will make spa and specialty dining room arangements for you.

2. Don't think the butler has a lot of pull with the Spa, if you want specific times just drop by the spa when you board. We did this when we boarded and I was able to get exatly what I wanted, when I wanted it.

3. The CC passangers get to order room service breakfast from a special menu. Our butler would not give me copies of that breakfast form, so either search on here for CC breakfast menu and bring a copy of what is available so that you can pencil it in on your order form or ask the butler. Others have stated that their butler have given them the CC order forms.

4. No iPod docs. We brought our travel iPod speakers but be aware that there are very few plugs in the suites. If I remember correctly, we had to unplug the computer to plug in the speakers.

5. We had no DVD player on Infinity, only VHS player :mad: . You may want to call the Captain's Club or post an inquirey here about the DVD player.

6. Your butler will leave priority tender tickets for ports in which you tender. Very handy. You get to jump right to the front of the line. No waiting.

7. Upon arrival back at port on our last day we were instructed to gather in the specialty dining room where they serve a continental breakfast for suite guests. As soon as the ship docked, the suite guests are guided off the ship first. I'm sure you could stay in your suite a little longer but not sure if the butler will serve you breakfast. I would assume not.

8. Not too sure about this one.

General Info

We loved our RS! The room was very nice, very roomy. You need a degree in engineering to operate the jacuzzi en suite! It has a control panel with about two dozen buttons :eek: . The large balcony was wonderful and I even managed to use the jacuzzi on the balcony before we came to the Hubbard glacier.

Personally, we found out butler useless! Many others have posted that their's was wonderful, so I guess we just got a dud. He did very little for us other than setting up breakfast on the balcony each morning and did get hors d'oeurvres for some guests that we entertained on the last day of the cruise. He aslo took in all of our pressing the first day ( included 17 dress shirts to be pressed) and had them back to us by the next morning.

One last reccomendation is to find the Captains Club hostess and introduce yourself. Because you are a suite guest this may assist you in being invided to one of the Senior Officer's table one night. We were asked to sit at the Captain's Table with the Hotel Manager on the last formal evening. What a treat!

If I can offer any other info, please ask. As I stated, we weren't on Connie but on Infinity, her sister ship.

Peter

I find it's easier to make spa appointments in person rather than having the butler do it. But we always go through the butler for reservations to the specialty restaurant.

We were able to order anything we wanted for breakfasts. Never had to use a menu. If we wanted waffles, we got them.

They do not serve room service breakfast on disembarkation morning. You'll receive a letter telling you to vacate your RS by no later than 8:15 to 8:30 and report to the specialty dining room. You can ask for a later time to disembark, but don't be surprised if you're off the ship early.

The only times you'll have to wait to get off the ship is if you're in a tender port. Otherwise you just leave whenever you desire.

We've been fortunate. Never had a bad butler. Of course, we had the same butler on Connie (Rasti), and the same butler (Lawrence... do a search for him on the boards) many times. One thing I did learn early on is to ask your butler for what you want... they won't always offer... ask and you shall (normally) receive)... For instance, if you don't like the afternoon snacks, ask for something else. We have asked for a simple cheese and cracker plate, or shrimp cocktail, and have always been accomodated.

Thank you to all of you that posted...the information you have given me is exactly what I needed! :)

Yea I am not quite sure what to do with a butler....don't want to ask for too much but want to be pampered at the same time. Oh well I have a feeling we will figure it. Just so excited to be in the RS!

Thank you again CC members are the best!

Tanja

Archived