Kids Menu?

tinkandpan

We are sailing RCI- i can't for the life of me recall if there are some special children's entrees in the Dining Room. My ds6 will eat anything and everything off the regular menu- my dd2 on the otherhand has her picture next to picky eater.

When we cruised with a picky eater (5) on another cruise line, they did not have a kids menu but the server made suggestions. They could provide things like macaroni and cheese, hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, etc. Our nephew loved going to the dining room because the server took such special care of him.

my dd2 on the otherhand has her picture next to picky eater.

She must be sitting next to my 11yo dd, lol! She's been a pita about eating since she was a toddler, but never on a cruise. Kids have the best of both worlds because they can order off both adult and kid menus, mix & match. Plus I'm a lot more flexible on vacation, the "don't fill up on bread, and no dessert until you clear your plate" rules get tossed overboard...I figure it's their vacation too, and we'll enjoy it more if we're all happy. Truthfully, she eats better on a cruise because there is so much to choose from, and she might even get brave and try something new. My 2yo on our last cruise ate pasta every night. Plain buttered pasta with parmesean on it....6 nights in a row, and she couldn't have been happier. The waitstaff will do their best to make sure everyone gets what they like, and will bring out something else if needed.

If you don't see what you want on the kids menu (or regular menu), talk to the maitre d about getting it made. They may not be able to whip it up that night, but should be able to have it ready the next night (and every night after). We had them make a plain chicken breast and steamed veggies for my son. Our friends had mac & cheese and pasta with marinara for their daughter.

When we went on the Freedom awhile back, my children (ages 4 & 6 at the time) lived on the following food each night in the dining room. Fruit and cheese plate, caesar salad and chicken fingers. They will really take care of the little ones if they learn what they like!!

Renee

When we went on the Freedom awhile back, my children (ages 4 & 6 at the time) lived on the following food each night in the dining room. Fruit and cheese plate, caesar salad and chicken fingers. They will really take care of the little ones if they learn what they like!!

Renee

I agree, every cruise we've been on servers have bent over backwards to get our DS whatever he wanted. He is 13 now and eats everything. It's me his DM who is now the picky eater!!!:eek:

Archived