airline baggage question

fundayz

Since I don't travel that much and have read about the charges for the 1st and 2nd bags on many airlines, I was wondering how this works. If you have to transfer planes along the way, do you get charged twice for each bag? Want to be prepared when we get to the airport - Thanks!

Since I don't travel that much and have read about the charges for the 1st and 2nd bags on many airlines, I was wondering how this works. If you have to transfer planes along the way, do you get charged twice for each bag? Want to be prepared when we get to the airport - Thanks!

You are charged for the entire trip, not for each leg.

As long as you are booked through to your final destination, you will only be charged once. For example, if you are traveling from Boston to Anchorage and changing planes in Cincinnati and continuing on to Anchorage, your luggage will transfer to the second plane and you will only be charged once. You will be charged again for your return flight.

Thank you for the information! That is nice news, since we will be at 2 bags each. I am so happy that I found this site and am able to get the answers to questions like this. It makes trip planning so much better!

Thank you for the information! That is nice news, since we will be at 2 bags each. I am so happy that I found this site and am able to get the answers to questions like this. It makes trip planning so much better!

What airline and when did you purchase your tickets. Depending on who and

when you can be grandfathered in with 2 bags.

Archived