Passport YES/NO --8/23 Norwegian Star -ALASKA

DALLIEDOG

ok the web site of NCL says no --that you do not need one until (Starting June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will require all of our guests to be in possession of a valid passport when sailing on any NCL cruise.)

but I don't want to be wrong when we get to Seattle ! They say if you're going into Canada by Land/Sea you do not need one just State Issued ID and Birth Cert.--Flying into Canada is a different matter !

You are correct...however...the birth certificate MUST be a certified one with the embossed seal. If you have a passport, take it. If not, do you have time to apply for one before you sail? I feel it is better to be safe than sorry. Besides, once the final ruling about passports is made, the rush will be on once again to get them.

You currently do not need a passport for entry into Canada but I believe if for some reason you had to fly home from somewhere in Canada you would require a passport. Here are you American requirements by alnd and sea.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/ready_set_go/land_travel/chnge_in_proced.xml

We did the White Pass Rail and Bike in Skagway and they told us we needed a passport. The train goes into Canada and everyone on board required a passport.

I suggest you bring it, you never know......

Definitely need a passport - especially if you are doing a tour and go to Canada, the border patrol came on to our motor coach and checked each passport. Don't do as we did and left it on the ship and had to go back prior to the tour. Take it as you leave the ship. Enjoy - Alaska is just beautiful.

ok the web site of NCL says no --that you do not need one until (Starting June 1, 2009, the U.S. government will require all of our guests to be in possession of a valid passport when sailing on any NCL cruise.)

but I don't want to be wrong when we get to Seattle ! They say if you're going into Canada by Land/Sea you do not need one just State Issued ID and Birth Cert.--Flying into Canada is a different matter !

If you have to make an emergency flight from Alaska , you will require a passport . As I understand any flights in the USA and Canada now require passports for boarding . If anyone has more info about this , I would be happy to update my info,

:) :)

If you have to make an emergency flight from Alaska , you will require a passport . As I understand any flights in the USA and Canada now require passports for boarding . If anyone has more info about this , I would be happy to update my info,

:) :)

Passports are not required for US airline travel. If you need to leave from an Alaskan port, you are on US soil. You will only need to show valid id such as a drivers license. This will not change when the new passport rules take effect. The only time you will need a passport will be when you leave US soil by air, land or water for a foreign country. It is still a good idea though to travel with your passport if you have one....they won't question a passport as quickly as any other form of identification. I always use mine...and have had the TSA agent thank me for using it.

Archived