Newest Ship

KMBB

Ok, I haven't been on a Carnival Cruise in about 13 years(last time was when the ship caught fire) bad experience. I'm now ready to try again and want to know the newest ship that is out. Can anyone give me a up-date? I would like to do a 5 day cruise or maybe a 7.

Any help will be appreciated, kmbb

Do all ships have water slides?

The Carnival Freedom is the newest one of their ships currently in service.

The Carnival Splendor will start sailing in June.

Both of them are in Europe right now, the Freedom will be coming back to Florida in the Fall. (Home Port of Ft. Lauderdale).

The Splendor will be heading to the U.S. in the fall, I believe its homeport will eventually be in the West Coast, however not 100% sure.

The Carnival Dream will be launched in 2010, homeport will be Port Canaveral, Florida.:)

The Carnival Freedom is the newest one of their ships currently in service.

The Carnival Splendor will start sailing in June.

Both of them are in Europe right now, the Freedom will be coming back to Florida in the Fall. (Home Port of Ft. Lauderdale).

The Splendor will be heading to the U.S. in the fall, I believe its homeport will eventually be in the West Coast, however not 100% sure.

The Carnival Dream will be launched in 2010, homeport will be Port Canaveral, Florida.:)

Not questioning you at all, but one of the first press releases I saw said the Dream was coming Oct '09 and the Spendor after that????

Can anyone give me the latest on this? The reason I'm asking is that we want to take the Dream in Nov. of '09......please tell me that's still possible :o

Dianne

I know the Splendor will be out this year as I have it booked in November when it is in Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure about the dream, Carnival's website still says coming soon. Not sure that it would be 09 as I would have figured by now if so they would already be taking reservations - but I could very well be mistaken on that one.

Not questioning you at all, but one of the first press releases I saw said the Dream was coming Oct '09 and the Spendor after that????

Can anyone give me the latest on this? The reason I'm asking is that we want to take the Dream in Nov. of '09......please tell me that's still possible :o

Dianne

The Splendor is launching next month and will be coming to the West Coast to replace the Pride at the end of March 2009. She will do the 7 day Mexican Riviera.

The Dream is first launching next fall.

I know the Splendor will be out this year as I have it booked in November when it is in Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure about the dream, Carnival's website still says coming soon. Not sure that it would be 09 as I would have figured by now if so they would already be taking reservations - but I could very well be mistaken on that one.

Main reason why I believe the Dream isn't taking reservation is Carnival does not want to do much to take the spot light away from the Splendor.

My gut feeling is mid to late July for the Dream booking information to be released. This would give the first sailings of the Splendor the spot light.

If I am recalling the Splendor didn't start taking reservation until mid May of last year. That was a good 14 months prior to the first sailing.

If the 14 month theory is applied to the Dream then the mid/late July time frame sound about right.

Thanks for the updates.......

We were hoping the new ship would already be there....but hey we've been on the Glory twice now and I wouldn't mind going on it again!

Whatever ship is there in Nov '09 will be just fine with me!

Dianne

Carnival Game---Hey how are you doing? Getting back into the normal routine of home life? I loved my cruise on RCC, but I have some money left over(since I had to cancel the Freedom in June) so I'm trying to figure out a cheaper cruise for me to go on. Any suggestions? I would prefer a newer ship. Maybe a 5 day one.

Nice to have met up with you at Orient Beach, wish I could go back soon!!!! Talk to you later, Mary

We miss that cruise so much and talk about it every evening! Yes, that was fun at Orient Beach.

I haven't done a five-day, but I hear the Inspiration does five day cruises. Not a newer ship but it has had a recent remodel and gets good reviews. You might want to look at that.

Archived