Verify Deck Plans at HAL on Vistas - Aft

NetwrkEng

Just thought I would share something that happened to me this morning in hopes of saving others some anguish or possibly even booking the "wrong" cabin.

I was finally assigned a room this AM from my SZ GUAR on Oosterdam this Sat. I, of course, went immediatley to check out the deck plan and see just where 6191 is on the Oosterdam.

I used an online site that I had bookmarked (VxxxxxToGo) because I knew how to get quickly to the HAL deck plans. Much to my surprise it was showing 6191 as an inside (K). :confused:

Turns out that the "New" deck plan (post Apr 09) was what I was looking at on this site. Upon checking the HAL deck plans I find this is an SC on the aft starboard side. :D

So be sure and check at HAL since as these Vistas are being modified the numbering as well as the configurations are changing.

Many of us have been aware of the cabin numbers chaning on the Vista class ships because of their going into dry dock and adding more cabins (along with other things) - thus we always check HAL's site as HAL does try to update as quickly as possible. Other sites don't update as often as they should.

Congratulations on your upgrade.

Thanks for the comments. Although I am only a recent poster I have been reading these boards for years. Did not really want to post until I thought I might have something to contribute.

What I found interesting about this mornings deck plan deal was the site was showing a deck plan dated 2/08 but was actually the "to be" deck plan post modifications in Apr 09.

Archived