drinking or lounges for 19 yr old

Is the drinking age for Rccl cruises 21 and are they strict about not letting under 21 into the clubs? My two daughters are over 21 and want to go to the lounges but don't want to leave my 19 year old son behind. I had a friend who said that they stamped her daughters sea pass card to note that she had parental permission to buy alcholic drinks, anyone hear of this?

Is the drinking age for Rccl cruises 21 and are they strict about not letting under 21 into the clubs? My two daughters are over 21 and want to go to the lounges but don't want to leave my 19 year old son behind. I had a friend who said that they stamped her daughters sea pass card to note that she had parental permission to buy alcholic drinks, anyone hear of this?

The drinking age for cruises orginating in the U.S. (including San Juan) is 21. For cruises originating in Europe a parent may sign a waiver for an 18-20 year old to consume beer and wine. I believe that most of the lounges do allow 18-20 year olds to hang out in - they just can't drink.

My 19 year old son was allowed to go into the bars/lounges/dance clubs with his 21 sister but not drink. When did your friend cruise? They USED to allow parents to sign a waiver for beer and wine but they did away with it and now strictly enforce the 21 year age.

On sailings out of US ports RCI's policy is that guests have to be 21 or over to drink alcoholic beverages, including beer and wine. They no longer offer parental waivers on such cruises. RCI's policy is that on sailings in "Europe and South America where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a parent sailing with his son(s) and/or daughter(s) who are between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year-old to consume alcoholic beverages" The policy also states that the 18 to 20 year old must agree to comply with Royal Caribbean's policies including, among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. They are, and should be, quite strict about enforcing this policy and can disembark or not allow to board, at their own expense, anyone who violates any alcohol policies.

I had a question about this too because our group is made up of 20-22 years olds. As long as you are 18+ you are allowed in any of the bars, clubs, lounges as the 21+. The only thing is you won't be able to legally purchase and consume alcohol.

Like the poster above me commented- you can only sign a waver for certain countries and your parents would have to be on the trip with you. It's a little silly seeing how some of my friends won't be able to legally have a drink on the boat while we are in Mexico where they are above the legal drinking age but whatever.

It's a little silly seeing how some of my friends won't be able to legally have a drink on the boat while we are in Mexico where they are above the legal drinking age but whatever.

Can you imagine if the policy changed by location depending upon the local drinking age? Wow ... they can't even enforce most of their rules as it is.

Luckily, when in Mexico, your friends can get a drink ashore if they so desire.

What I cannot understand is that they allow parents that cruise from Europe where the age to drink is under 21 to sign a waiver ,but if you are from Canada where the age is also 19 you cannot-seems if would be pretty easy to note the country you are from ( on your passport) and your age and allow the same waiver.

I would understand if they just said that all people who are under 21 cannot drink -no matter where you live

But to pick and choose does not seem right.

But it is their ship and their policy so our 20 year old daughter who will be 9 days from being 21 on the cruise,and is allowed to drink legally in canada will not.

What I cannot understand is that they allow parents that cruise from Europe where the age to drink is under 21 to sign a waiver ,but if you are from Canada where the age is also 19 you cannot-seems if would be pretty easy to note the country you are from ( on your passport) and your age and allow the same waiver.

I would understand if they just said that all people who are under 21 cannot drink -no matter where you live

But to pick and choose does not seem right.

But it is their ship and their policy so our 20 year old daughter who will be 9 days from being 21 on the cruise,and is allowed to drink legally in canada will not.

Even 18-20 year old Europeans cannot drink (waiver or not) if the ship departs from a U.S. port. 18-20 year old Canadians and Europeans alike can drink (with parental waiver) for ships departing in Europe and South America.

Archived