Dolphin swim in Cozumel??Any ideas?

nanny4sure

I am risking it sailing to Cozumel In August. I am only going to see the dolphins and interact with them - well that's the second main reason. Anyway, most of the info I read on here was 3 & 4 years old. Anyone recently been there and done that and care to share?? Thanks!

Try the ports of call thread and click on the ports you will be visiting. You can find alot of threads there or post your own. It is there that I found out so much about the ruins in Progresso and made my decision as to which site to go and see and which tour agency to use. Good luck!

We haven't gone yet, but after research we booked our Dolphin Encounter through Dolphin Discovery. We chose the encounter instead of the swim because we have two small children who couldn't participate in the swim.

If you book 4 or more people, transportation is included. Kids ages 1-5 are free with a paying adult admission. Make sure you mention the kids if you call and book. The website will give you instructions on how to include the 'freebies'.

http://www.*****cozumel/

I did the dolphin Swim in Cozumel with my kids last year at Dolphin Discovery...booked it myself online through the Dolphin Discovery

we all enjoyed it a lot

Even bought the video and photos... spent lots of money maybe close to $200-$250 cant remember :confused: for everything ... ate lunch right at the snack bar there ...spent some time in the pool near the dolphins

I lost the video

but I did have it recorded on my computer ...not as good as

the original copy ...lots of background noise

feel free to watch it , but disregard the bad pirating...LOL:o

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/carolinamamasita/?action=view&current=Dolphinvideocozumel.flv

MY photos are here:

http://photos.walmart.com/launchslideshow/AlbumID=11019975/SUBSCRIBER_NAME=WALMART/EntryIDX=1/t_=9704008

We were in Cozumel this March and did the Royal Swim at Chankanaab. It was unbelievable! I would highly recommend it! We bought all the pictures and the video and I think our total was about $100 for that. We got to hug, kiss, "dance", pet and be moved by the dolphins via the dorsal fin pull and the "Superman" lift.

Amazing is the only way to describe it!

Also, do what the earlier poster said and check out the Cozumel thread for a lot of good info!

Have a great time!

Hi Nanny.

You might want to look at my video at:

http://alauer.com/triumph/triumph.html

It is of a Triumph cruise. The part that includes Cozumel has some very nice slides and video of the dolphine experience at Chankanaab.

Remember to right click on the video and zoom to full screen. It will look better.

The rest of the video is fun as well, as it continues on to Grand Cayman and Jamaica.

I hope you enjoy my video and your cruise. By the way I would not miss the dolphins. It was the highlight of the Cozumel day.

Larry

2 years ago, we did the dolphin swim in Cozumel. We booked it on the dock through Dolphin Discovery, took a taxi to the park. You have to pay an admission fee to get into the park but it was worth it. I believe it cost us

$150 per person including swim, taxi, park admission, photos and video.

It's a great excursion and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

My 3 year old grandson and I just got off a cruise a couple of weeks ago. We did the dolphin encounter at Chauknaubb (i think i spelled that wrong:o) We had a blast! Last year my 18yo son and i did the dolphin swim, which was everything except getting up out of the water on the dolphins. It was a very cool experience. Both of these excursions I booked through Carnival.

we have done this twice. the first time DH and DS did it. They had a blast. It is a bit expensive so the next cruise DS did it by himself. We booked it seperate from the ship. It was much cheaper that way. You can catch a cab to Chakanaab park. It is only about a 10 minute ride. Also definately buy their pictures. I took some but I couldn't get nearly as close as they did and the pictures are awesome. Chakanaab is very nice now. They redid it since the last hurricane that wiped it out. They have a nice pool area for after the dolphin swim.

nanny - We did it in Coz in April. We booked the ships tour simply because I like the safety of knowing they will wait for me if something happens.

We did theirs in Chankanaab Park and loved it. The entire thing went for about an hour and 15 - 20 minutes.

It was the interaction, not the swim.

We actually were in a pen with one that was pregnant and she was big. You stand in about 2 to 3 feet of water inside the pen and interact with them. There were older people along with young kids so if it's a concern, it's very safe.

I've included a picture for you to look at.

dolphin16.jpg.ff0f960e1c4aa1cb736ee13ed9b93422.jpg

Archived