Best Rental Car??

We will be there on June 19, 2008 and was wondering what is the best car rental place near the port of Calica. I understand there is not much there to do so we want to rent a car. We are on a tight budget so looking for the best deal but want something safe and easy to get too. Any tips or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Smitty

Carnival Holiday June 2008

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up renting from Executive right on the pier. It was like a Nissan Sentra. It was your basic 4 door with air which came in handy. It was $60 which included all the taxes and insurance. We had the best day going to Tulum and then the Yal-Ku lagoon to snorkel. We even went into Playa to do some shopping but I would skip that next time. We saved so much money by doing it this way. Carnival wanted $61 a person to just do Tulum so the four of us would of been $244. We rented the car for $60 and used $5 in gas. Tulum only costs $18 for the four of us. We only spent $83 for all that.

Snorkeling at Yal-Ku was $9 a person and it was beautiful. It was the highlight of my trip. It was like swimming in a aquarium with tropical fish all around us.

I did reserve it ahead of time. The good thing is that you don't pay for it or give any credit card information out when you reserve it. So if you want to change your plans or have bad weather, you can do so. You only pay for it when you return it. They take credit card, cash or pesos. You could also walk off the boat and their kiosk is right there after you walk past the little shops off the boat. I hope this helps.

Archived