help...I have fred flinstone feet

I need to find some black dress shoes for wide feet. I have tried on dozens of pairs. even if I didnt like them....none fit. I normally wear an 8 1/2 shoe but even in a 10 I cant get the shoes to fit. Where can I find wide dress shoes?

I wear size 11 wide in Womens and have found shoes at Payless. My best shoes tend to be quite expensive ($150 - 200) but have great support as well as being wide enough; the brand I often use is Helle.

(In Men's shoes I wear a 9 1/2 4E -- I can't find women's running/tennis shoes to fit me).

So try Payless.

Kathy:)

Don't give up hope!

I usually go to Nordstrom for shoes, if they don't have my size, they will order them and send them at no charge. I work 4 doors down from them at the mall, so it's no hassle for me to shop there.

I've always been able to find wide walking and running shoes at Nordstrom, New Balance has some nice ones.

Many women love Zappos, I've not tried them as I can't stand making more errands for myself, getting them sent back. But, I've looked at their site and they have every size imaginable.

I've only bought one pair of shoes from Payless, they weren't leather (duh) and I found they squeaked when I walked. I gave them away and the person I gave them to wore them once as well, then she ditched them into the Goodwill bag.

Man I WISH I could find shoes at Payless. I keep hearing people say how they found some great shoes there...but I've been in there about 3 times, but I just can't find any of the "cute" styles they advertise...in my size (I too am a 8.5). And the pair or two that I did try on felt terribly uncomfortable. Maybe you just have to shop there all the time to get the "good stuff" before it sells out! :o I don't have time for that, so Zappos works great for me.

I don't like Payless. They have cute styles for my size (10) but I find the shoes are made cheaply and fit poorly. I know they do work for many. I like Shoe Carnival and Rack Room Shoes. Shoes are one thing I don't mind spending the cash on, nothing worse than a pair of uncomfortable shoes. Actually the worst pair I ever bought was in Brazil of all places and we are known for shoes!

Man I WISH I could find shoes at Payless. I keep hearing people say how they found some great shoes there...but I've been in there about 3 times, but I just can't find any of the "cute" styles they advertise...in my size (I too am a 8.5). And the pair or two that I did try on felt terribly uncomfortable. Maybe you just have to shop there all the time to get the "good stuff" before it sells out! :o I don't have time for that, so Zappos works great for me.

Don't give up hope!

I usually go to Nordstrom for shoes, if they don't have my size, they will order them and send them at no charge. I work 4 doors down from them at the mall, so it's no hassle for me to shop there.

I've always been able to find wide walking and running shoes at Nordstrom, New Balance has some nice ones.

Many women love Zappos, I've not tried them as I can't stand making more errands for myself, getting them sent back. But, I've looked at their site and they have every size imaginable.

I've only bought one pair of shoes from Payless, they weren't leather (duh) and I found they squeaked when I walked. I gave them away and the person I gave them to wore them once as well, then she ditched them into the Goodwill bag.

I haven't used Zappos for shoes, but I did order sunglasses from them. They give you free shipping on all shoes and include free return shipping if needed. Seems very convenient to me. They also shipped my sunglasses in no time flat.

Another vote for Zappos ... I've only ordered once, but got the same shoe in two sizes (never know which one will fit) and the (free) return was as simple and pain-free as possible. I was quite impressed!

Another option: Consider jeweled flip flops ... there are tons of pretty ones out there, and many with heels even. Give you "room" for a wider foot even in a regular-sized shoe.

I would suggest Zappo's. Free shipping to you and free shipping back if they need to be returned. With gas costs, a simple trip to the post office if they don't fit is much less expensive than running all over town looking. :) And you will have the order within 48 hours in most cases. www.zappos.com

I got shoes from zappos, it's great, all size widths. You can find cute shoes for wide width plus the shoes I ordered arrived the next day. Their shipping is excellent.

My last cruise, I noticed that my feet had become too swollen to wear the dress flats I had bought the week before. I have wide feet, and made sure that I found some flats I could wear specifically for the dress nights, but when it came to the time to put them on, I could barely stand them! I ended up wearing my everyday brown sandals to dinner. Fortunately, my coctail pants were very long, and covered them most of the time....

Does anyone else have this problem, and do you know what causes it? Or how to prevent it next time I go cruising?

Yes, I did fly to Ft. Lauderdale, but the shoe problem was happening 5 days into the cruise! Perhaps it was the rich diet? Any other ideas? I could really use the help...

Lots of discussion here. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=708854&highlight=swelling

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=619940&highlight=swelling

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=581472&highlight=swelling

Does anyone else have this problem, and do you know what causes it? Or how to prevent it next time I go cruising?

Yes, I did fly to Ft. Lauderdale, but the shoe problem was happening 5 days into the cruise! Perhaps it was the rich diet? Any other ideas? I could really use the help...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a double wide foot too and have alot of problems finding comfy shoes to wear. I've noticed that the heat makes them even wider.

I live in flip flops in summer. I did get a pair of evening dress shoes from zappos in a double wide, they fit my foot now but I'm concerned when I cruise my horrible feet will swell up and even these shoes will be too tight.

Notice the style of the shoes you are selecting when buying the dress shoes, some are cut better for wide feet. I got a pair that are great for a wide foot. They come in black and silver and gold from Zappos.com

2249-172490-d.jpg

After about my tenth cruise with swelling feet, I decided the only solution for me was to buy a larger and wider shoe than I wear on land and use it only for cruising. That seems like quite a luxury with shoe prices being what they are now, but I have to do that or suffer the bad looks and crippling discomfort of too tight shoes after the second or third night of a cruise.

It is a gamble, though. It is hard to know exactly what size will be right for the swollen foot syndrome of cruising. My first try for a larger formal night shoe still did not accommodate my swollen feet so I was still uncomfortable. My feet don't just puff up wider, they puff up higher. It is tough to guess what will really be a comfortable shoe in that situation.

My husband's feet swell too, if that is any comfort to the ladies here who suffer from "cruise feet."

Another vote for Zappos! Their service is excellent :)

I was looking for a flat evening sandal (and I have VERY wide 'dutch feet' - but not little!) and ordered the sandal below. I just got them and have only worn them around the house, but they seem very comfortable and sparkly! That said, if you require a supportive shoe, this won't be it :(

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/25602004/c/89.html

Archived