Skagway tour Excursion with younger kids.

derberg

Only my DS & I going , hence I need to choose a trip that are more suitable for 3 yrs old (less walking). My main objective is to go to husky puppy camp (DS love dogs) and Emerald Lake. So here I am with 2 choices.

1. Yukon Territory Rail & Bus Excursion (7hrs)

2. Yukon Territory Bus Excursion (6hrs)

I read alot of reviews on the rail/bus excursion. How about the only bus excursion? Anyone done that with Chilkoot Charters OR Frontier Excursions :confused:

Do they have children carseat in their bus?

Thanks.

With a 3 year old??? Definately DRIVE yourself. That is too long of a time to be stuck on a fixed tour with no way out. Simple to rent a car and drive yourself to Caribou Crossing, along with any other stops along the way. Avis is the only major car rental. See what is available and reserve now. Print out and take with you http://www.*****

Driving a car is definately a good idea, but I still a new driver and lack of driving experience especially mountain road even thou' the road looks easy in the picture.

Do consider it, it's NOT a "mountain road" driving. Extremely easy to drive, two lanes, well paved. NO hairpin turns, major climbs etc. Plenty of pull offs to stop along the way. After the summit, it's straight flat driving with fantastic scenery.

I know nothing about anything (not having gone yet) but with a 3YO, a 5YO, and a 13YO, we decided to drive. We'll save hundreds of dollars, and can get away from the crowds and stop when and where we want to. The largest size car from Avis is costing us about $110 for the day.

We did the combined bus and rail trip into the Yukon territory last June with our two daughters. Our youngest daughter was 3 weeks shy of her 4th birthday and she was fine on the trip. It really depends on the temperament of your child whether or not they would be ok on such a trip. I wouldn't have considered driving because I'm uncomfortable driving in unfamiliar places. Have fun!!

Archived