Swimwear on buses?

biebz

I do believe this is true. I think mainly because they don't want wet spots all over the bus. I think guys could get away with throwing on a shirt. We wore our suits to Church bay, appropriately covered!! and then we changed at the beach in the changing area.

My family and I have been to the beaches many times and I always wear a little dress over my suit and my son and husband wear a shirt with their trunks.

We always make sure that we are dry enough that no wet spots are left on the seats on the bus.

We like to go the more secluded beaches and there generally are not any changing facilities.

Bermuda is British and modesty is the rule in public places. Men must have on tops with their bathing suits and women must have the suit covered. Even if you are walking on the streets, bathing suits alone are no-no's. This not only applies to Bermuda but to any other Caribbean Island under British Authority. While in Barbados on the bus from the beach, the driver told an man to put on his shirt before he got on the bus. The no-it-all man said,"I'm wet and sandy" driver responds, "Then don't get on the bus at all". The man eventually dried himself off and put on his shirt but not until he threw a hissy-fit in the parking lot for everyone to see. When he realized that no one was standing by his "outrage" he did comply....not a peep out of him the whole ride back to the ship:D

Archived