royal family suite?

What sort of info are you looking for? We had an RFS on Jewel. Rear corner of boat, huge balcony, two separate bedrooms (one master and the other with two lower and two bunk beds), no windows in either bedroom, two bathrooms, butler service (and two cruise credits ;)).

If your kids are small and adjoining cabins aren't an option for you, it's a great arrangement.

any info for a family of 5 for a royal family suite? thinking of taking wife and 3 kids next year. any info would be helpful:)

Our family stayed in one. Awesome suites with lots of storage and two bathrooms. Nice soaking tub in the masterbath. They don't come cheap though. Many have said you can get two cabins cheaper than the RFS. I'm sure it's true, but we didn't feel comfortable having our then 14 yr old twins, and DD's best friend in different cabin. It would have been defferent had we been able to get connecting cabins, but we weren't so we booked the RFS,and loved everything about it.

any info for a family of 5 for a royal family suite? thinking of taking wife and 3 kids next year. any info would be helpful:)

We have it booked on the Mariner in Oct. No butler service on this ship. Check this website for layout and pics for Voyager class ships. All RFS's are aft on these ships.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/albums/cabins/suites/FS/html/FSFR.html

How timely for this post! I was just looking at this today. Would this suite work for 2 families? 4 adults at 3 kids? (website says it sleeps 8). We are all family (my family and my brother's family). The kids would be 8, 6 and 6. Would we be crowded? I love the idea of conceirge!

How timely for this post! I was just looking at this today. Would this suite work for 2 families? 4 adults at 3 kids? (website says it sleeps 8). We are all family (my family and my brother's family). The kids would be 8, 6 and 6. Would we be crowded? I love the idea of conceirge!

I dont think so................the first bedroom is the master.......one queen size bed with a bathroom inside the bedroom.........the 2nd room is two twin beds with pullmans..............bathroom is outside the bedroom(and everyone else can use this one)...........then the rest of your party would have to sleep in the "living room" area.............I dont think any of you would have much privacy.....

You have to decide.......who gets the master bedroom with bath and who gets the other bedroom??

Maybe you can do it....i dont know you....only you can decide..

I dont think so................the first bedroom is the master.......one queen size bed with a bathroom inside the bedroom.........the 2nd room is two twin beds..............bathroom is outside the bedroom(and everyone else can use this one)...........then the rest of your party would have to sleep in the "living room" area.............I dont think any of you would have much privacy.....

You have to decide.......who gets the master bedroom with bath and who gets the other bedroom??

Maybe you can do it....i dont know you....only you can decide..

According to website - one of the bedrooms has 2 pullmans. I think you could also put the twin beds together in the other bedroom (just like any other stateroom). There is also a sofa bed in the living area. The 2 six year olds are girls so they could sleep together. I agree it would be a little tight but may still be more room than 2 separate cabins. Not sure what the cost difference is because you can't price the RFS on-line.

Anyway.. I was mostly just curious.

The sleeping arrangements are 2 in the master bedroom, 2 in the living room on a foldout, and then 4 (2 bunks, plus 2 lower beds that can be put together) in the second bedroom. So, as long as one adult couple doesn't mind having their kids over them or sleeping in the living room with a little less privacy, it should work out fine.

We have a RFS and a connecting balcony room reserved for my family next December. My parents will have the connecting room, hubby and I will have the master, and our 4 kids (4, almost 9, 10, and 11) will have the 'bunk room'. I have a married brother and they'll have an oceanview or balcony room separate, and right now, I have my other brother in an interior room as a single ... my parents want to move him to the couch in our suite, but we're having him consider the lack of privacy he'd likely have that way.

It's probably much higher more popular times, but during the between Thanksgiving and Christmas low period, booked 20 months in advance, the day the schedule came out, RFS was $7800 for a family of 6 on Freedom.

We just got back from the Radiance in the RFS. It was great space, with lots of storage. The balcony was huge, and lots of LR space. 3 little kids, 2 on sofa and one in a sleeping bag might be okay, lots of floor space. We enjoyed having the tub, for granddaughter age 2 to come down from her inside cabin to bathe. All 7 of us could enjoy lots of space for relaxing and watching movies when we wanted to relax. We had 5 sea days. Pricey but worth it for us.

my sister has had this suite on navigator OTS.....there were alot of good things, 2 bedrooms, and the kids LOVED the pullman beds...I think because it reminded them of bunk beds...but that room is very small. The downside was that they had one of the two bedroom suites on disney and that suite was much much bigger.

They also had two connecting JS on Voyager OTS. The price for both was around 10k. But really I think they enjoyed the JS better...seemed like there was more room. You can do a JS connecting to an interior if its available and that can save you a ton of money.

5 can also fit into a GS & OS, you have to ask but they'll put a roll away bed in, nice and cozy for us! we just canceled the RS on Sov and moved in GS - its still open! but normally they are taken way in advance.

Harder for 5 to fit in an GS.........but more room in an OS. It seems that 5 would fit very nicely in a Royal Family Suite........2 in the master bedroom, 2 in living room.........and, I believe.. 4 in the second bedroom!!

In the OS.......the couch makes into a bed.......which makes for 4.

The one nice thing about a Royal Family suite.......it has 2 bathrooms!! The others do not.

Rick

Hi:

A RFS came available on our Jewel Cruise in four weeks and we decided to move from our GS and paid the difference, liked the idea of the separate bedroom for the kids and the two bathrooms. I just have a question, How many TV sets on this room?? We had a similar suite on NCL and it had a TV set on each room and one on the living room. Hope someone can tell us.

Thanks;

Lydia

Adults in the bedrooms and kids out in the living room! Should work just fine.

There are beds for 2 in one bedroom, beds for 4 in the second bedroom and the sleep sofa with room for 2.

The second set of adults would have to sleep on the sofa bed or share the bedroom with a kid.

I was also told that the bedroom for 4 is really tight if you try to have the bottom beds pushed together (as in for a married couple). It is hard to get up to the upper berths if you do that.

By the way - we are in the RFS for our November cruise - so I asked all of these questions just in the last month or so. If you do a search - you might find some good pictures that people posted in response to my questions.

Hi:

A RFS came available on our Jewel Cruise in four weeks and we decided to move from our GS and paid the difference, liked the idea of the separate bedroom for the kids and the two bathrooms. I just have a question, How many TV sets on this room?? We had a similar suite on NCL and it had a TV set on each room and one on the living room. Hope someone can tell us.

Thanks;

Lydia

We had the RFS on Liberty a few weeks ago and there were 3 TVs - one in each bedroom and one in the living room. The DVD player was only connected to the one in the living room. Enjoy!

Hi:

Thanks;

Lydia

I think from the pictures I saw - only 2. One in the "master bedroom", and one out in the living area.

Of course - this was for the Voyager class.

has anyone every tried 5 people in a grand suite. How does that work out. Is way too crowded or is it ok.

My kids are "tweens" so we've done 2 GS, they bring a roll-a-away bed and put it infront of the closet , Its been fine for us but after November we'll be moving to OS, the additional 3 kids are normally $ 599 (7 days) & $ 299/$339 shorter trips. I think its the same as 2 rooms (?) - I just don't feel comfortable putting the kids in a different room, we also acquired suite points, & we had access to CL lounge - the bad part is when we go by ourselves we still get the suite!

Anyone know the minimum size suite you can book to fit 6 in one room?
According to everyone I've talked to at Royal, the only suite for 6 is the RFS. There are also Family Oceanviews and Family Promenades on at least the Freedom class, and Voyager Class has FO, not sure about family Promenade. But travel agents like to put holds on them as soon as they come out, and so unless you luck onto a travel agent who has one, they can be near impossible to find and book. It has really put a crimp in our cruising (after a bad experience with connecting cabins, we won't be doing that again until the kids are much older).

Archived