Dress code

arawak

Yep! I know this one has been done to death on most boards, but I'm taking my first trip on Celebrity in September on a Western Med cruise from Barcelona. Three questions:

1) How many formal nights can one expect on an 11 night cruise?

2) Is there more than one alternative to formal - like elegant informal and relaxed informal or some such designations?

3) Is a jacket and tie ALWAYS mandatory at dinner, or can one wear a smart polo shirt with or without a jacket on informal nights?

Thanks for any guidance.

Arawak

On Celebrity there will be formal, informal, or what many of us prefer, semiformal, and casual nights on your cruise. On the informal nights, men wear dress slacks and a jacket---many will wear a tie with a dress shirt but not all, and a tie isn't required. You could get by with a less formal shirt and jacket on informal nights. No, a polo shirt and slacks aren't for informal nights, that's what you'd wear for casual nights.

It's hard to tell how many formal nights you'll have. I've been on X cruises where 3 were listed but once on board, someone decided to reduce that number to 2. When you get your documents, it'll have the number of formal nights.

Archived