Excursion clothing in Italy for guys

Just wondering what guys can get away with wearing on excursions where they say no shorts. Can you get away wearing capri pants to go into the cathedrals in places like Venice, Florence and Rome? Or, are pants an absolute kind of thing? Any advice appreciated.

The point of men wearing pants is to show respect for the sensibilities of the people whose house of worship you are visiting. Men, please remember to remove your hats upon entering as well.

My DH wore the zip off pants for the Vatican and a Mosque in Egypt, everywhere else he wore shorts. Pictures and review in the links below.

Have a great cruise.

Kathy:)

Just wondering what guys can get away with wearing on excursions where they say no shorts. Can you get away wearing capri pants to go into the cathedrals in places like Venice, Florence and Rome? Or, are pants an absolute kind of thing? Any advice appreciated.

yes, capri pants, jeans, or any long pants will get you into the churches.. I am in italy now and have been to florence and rome and venice the past few weeks, jeans, tees, sneakers, cameras and maps are it... there are zillions of tourists and everyone looks alike... hi fashion designer clothes are for night time at elegant restaurants, etc.. daytime touring is comfort.. and if no churches, shorts are fine also.. while you are in italycheck out the men's shoes in the store windows.. leather sneakers are at least 150 euros or more and sliver and gold leather seem to be an in thing now... I cannot understand why leather sneakers are so much more money in italy than in the U.S.

yes, capri pants, jeans, or any long pants will get you into the churches.. I am in italy now and have been to florence and rome and venice the past few weeks, jeans, tees, sneakers, cameras and maps are it... there are zillions of tourists and everyone looks alike... hi fashion designer clothes are for night time at elegant restaurants, etc.. daytime touring is comfort.. and if no churches, shorts are fine also..

I love your live, on-the-scene reporting, Star. It's so good to read what the real deal is from someone who is there right at the moment and can tell us what you're seeing in person. Thanks for staying in touch with CC while on vacation! :)

Archived