Freedom of the Seas

I was looking to book a Jan 2010 cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. I ran some pricing and it seems expensive.

Is the Freedom pricing out high lately? Will the pricing go down closer to the date or am I better off booking now?

Also, do most here book direct with RCCL or go through a Travel Agent?

Did you check the 7 night on the Liberty of the Seas for January 2010. It isn't too bad and there is always hope of a price drop. We book through RCI only and have always had good service. By booking early (we booked Jan. 2010 a month ago) we are able to get the cabin we want.

Kathy:)

Thanks for the quick response! We were really interested in doing an Eastern Caribbean, where does the Liberty sail out of?

I am off to look more :-)

Liberty sails from Fort Lauderdale but does the Western -- the Itinerary is terrific -- four ports on a 7 day cruise.

If you really want to do Western Caribbean then I would pick the Independence (we are doing the 8 night in December); it also sails from Fort Lauderdale.

Liberty sails from Fort Lauderdale but does the Western -- the Itinerary is terrific -- four ports on a 7 day cruise.

If you really want to do Western Caribbean then I would pick the Independence (we are doing the 8 night in December); it also sails from Fort Lauderdale.

Isn't the Liberty still going to be sailing out of Miami, alternating Easten and Western every other week?

Isn't the Liberty still going to be sailing out of Miami, alternating Easten and Western every other week?

:o Oops!~ Confusing my cruises. You are so right.

Kathy

;) ;)

Prices may come down once Royal Caribbean places the Oasis in service. She will be a very large ship to fill and this may help bring the prices down for the other class ships. Time will tell.

I also thought the same when the liberty came out, figuring, with the FOS and LOS, the rates will come down some. Well, as i am not a travel agent, but I am in the industry, and I watch the rates daily...they have steadily gone up and up for their larger ships. IMHO, RCL has a HUGE, fan base, the reviews are fantastic, and you know what...the ships are getting filled on the high prices. Honesty I dont know how much higher they can go because the fall is not longer "cheap". I am paying over 900 pp for a promenade cabin when I normally do outside or balcony. I am also a RCL fan, but I love cruising so much that I have chosen to take other cruise lines in the past few years. I want to try them all, so it helps me to compare and see what I like. So far RCL wins. The independence is only going to be in the US for the winter from what I understand, its mainly sailing out of Europe. Last I checked the balcony rates for Sept and Feb are going for over 1400, while I can get a balcony on another cruise line for about 850. So, its a matter of priority I guess. RCL has the FOS on the travel channel quite a lot, and they are getting alot of press and that helps the demand. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to share their experiences, tips and opionions..they help me more ways than just planning a vacation.

happy cruising everyone

Archived