Internal rooms - Caribbean Princess

Pugglemom

Hi Amy Jo! My Husband and I cruise a lot- generally over the holidays. Yup we need to get out of the cold and snow- just like you will be doing! Almost all of our rooms have been an inside room. WE booked a balcony for the Panama Canal and will have one for Alsaka this summer.

I think you will be happy withyour choice. You are correct that you will be exploring a lot! We did the Carribean last summer- BIG ship Lots to do! Save your money for special treats! I think you will like your room choice- it is well located.

If you go to St. Thomas there is an EXCELLENT cat. trip to St. Johns. We did that through the ship I think it was the Champagne Catamaran snorkel trip. THAT was an awesome trip- only about 20 people on board and it was awesome.

Enjoy your trip!! Gabrielle

We will be taking a Southern Caribbean cruise in February, and I am looking for room advice. We currently have selected an internal room (P319). Our previous vacation experience is that we only use our room for sleeping, we prefer to be out and about, but this is our first cruise, so we're not sure how much weight to put on room selection. We considered upgrading to an outside room, but I'm not sure simply having a window is worth the extra expense.

Does anyone have any insights regarding internal rooms on Caribbean Princess (are some better than others?), and whether it is worth it to upgrade to an outside room? Are we crazy not to get a balcony room? :confused:

Thanks!

My girlfriend and I will be on CB three weeks after you.

Anyway, I was in P309, an outside cabin but right up the hall from your stateroom on Ruby, CB's sister. It's a great location. You're right in the center of things, very close to the International Cafe, Vines, and the dining room.

If you indeed book the interior room, Make sure you bring a little travel alarm clock, because the pitch black in the room keeps one from waking up on their own.

We have stayed in a balcony once, oceanview once and many times in a inside. Now we loved the balcony, but did find that we were out and about so much during the day that we did not use it as much as we had thought we would. Insides are great for sleeping as they are nice and dark. If you can get a inside which has cabins above and below you so you won't have to worry about noise at all. We were on the Ruby on Aloha deck, mid ship and it was the perfect location. Right around the corner from stairs and elevators so we could just run up 2 flights and come out between the pools on Lido so easy to get to pools and the buffet. Easy to run down a few flights to get to the promanade and the international cafe. As well it was easy to find a spot to stand or sit at to enjoy the sea view. We would walk the promanade every day and they have chairs along if you wish to just sit and enjoy. Being your first cruise I would say go for the inside......take the extra cash to put towards some shore excursions. Have a great cruise!!

We usually get insides as my hubby likes to sleep in a dark room. We usually leave the bathroom door ajar with the light on to help with any nighttime trips there (I like to bring a tiny flashlight to keep by my pillow too). We have also used the bridgecam channel on the TV to help keep us oriented as to time.

Archived