White Pass train in early morning or evening for weather/views?

MommyTraveler

We just returned from doing this. We only had the one choice in the morning. I was concerned because I had read that some people had encountered fog in the morning. We were fortunate that we had great weather, clear visibility and skies. I would think you would have a better chance of seeing animals on the morning train. Our guide told us that they don't usually see alot of wildlife because the train is noisy, but because we were the first train of the morning, we might have a chance. Sure enough, we saw a bear right beside the track.

Have fun on your trip!

Sold! We'll be there end of June, with small kids, so we had a choice of either the kids awake in the am or figure the trip is nap time & we get to enjoy the scenery. But I didn't think about the wildlife aspect, and that's a great point! We'll risk the fog!

There is absolutely NO WAY to predict any fog/weather. So I suggest you go in a timeframe that fits you best. Do you have other touring interests?? Figure it all out and book the best time for it all.

Archived