Orca/Coastal combo in Juneau timing question

buttah75

We're in Juneau until 4pm. Just got off the phone with Orca with a plan to go whale-watching, then have them take us straight to the take-off point for a Coastal glacier/dog-sledding helicopter tour that will apparently get us back to the downtown dock area (which I'm told is 1.5 blocks from the ship) by 2:30 or 2:45.

Since I'm not booking thru the ship, my question is... is this enough time to actually get back on the ship?! Carol at Orca said Coastal will likely drop us off right at the ship if need be and assured me that this time frame is safe.

Just wanted to check over here at CC. Will we be okay? It's the only way to do both tours in Juneau, and is considerably cheaper (for 4 people) than doing the Skagway dog-sled/heli tour.

We did this combo tour last summer. We had more time to play with than you do, but I would NOT worry about it in your timeframe!! These are very reliable vendors who will NOT let you miss your deadline!! And you are going to have a FABULOUS time with each of them!!!

Buttah - I just booked this same tour with Carol. I also am a bit worried about the time constraint. Our ship leaves at 4 and we will be doing the whale watch with Orca and dog sledding with Coastal. I guess I will just go with the flow and trust that these vendors have done this a million times before. Worse case, they have the helicopter, they can fly us to the ship...lol.

Mary

Our ship leaves at 4pm as well. Diamond Princess August 9th sailing (in Juneau August 13th). Any chance we're on the same trip? That way, we can be nervous together! But they did assure me that we'd be fine, so I'm going to trust.

Sorry Buttah. We leave next week. We are on a 6 day land tour first then Southbound on the Sapphire Princess leaving Whittier June 21st. I can let you know if I have any timing issues since you are sailing after me.

Archived